LaunchBox Community Forums

Disable Auto-Import on Install? Don't want my whole library

deucebane

Hi all 

I just installed windows fresh on a new drive and wanted to get launchbox up and running, but only with my roms.  I dont want to use launchbox for my steam library etc.  

Is it possible to prevent the automatic import of every game when you install? I dont want all that media installed for games other than my roms 

I love launchbox for managing dozens of roms across numerous systems, and want to just keep it for that.  What's the best way to either prevent Launchbox from importing my whole library, or trim it down once its already done so? 

A few things to note:

• LaunchBox will only import supported storefront games that you have currently installed
  • If you delete one of these games from LaunchBox, it won't ever be automatically imported again
  • There's the option to turn this feature off, like C-Beats mentioned
  • Anyone who upgraded to 13.6 will have this option off by default

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 7/27/2023 at 3:36 PM, C-Beats said:

Go to Tools > Options > General > Automated Imports and turn it off. Then delete the platform(s) that have been imported and you can continue to use LB the way you are wanting.

Hey there! Unfortunately, there is no such option for me to tick off. I am on 13.11. Those auto imports are driving me crazy.

1 minute ago, Dr.bloodSpinat2000 said:

Hey there! Unfortunately, there is no such option for me to tick off. I am on 13.11. Those auto imports are driving me crazy.

PC Automated imports was moved since this state. You'd now go to Tools > Manage > Storefronts to disable the setting.