LaunchBox Community Forums

Still no luck getting LB to start a stella game immediately.

paulwgraber

1. Can you run the game directly in Stella without using LB?

2. You state using Stella, when you right click a game in LB and edit it (edit metadata and media), does Stella show up in the Emulation tab or Retroarch?

3. Can you post a pic of the "Associated Platforms" tab when you go to >Tools >Manage >Emulators and edit Stella. 

Is your standalone Stella in a Cores folder inside Retroarch folder? Only asking as your path looks funny \Cores\Stella\Stella.exe. That cores folder just makes me think of Retroarch. 

1) I am not using Retro Arch at all but using stand alone stella latest version. Stella Runs games just fine by itself.

2) Stella

3) Sure.

4) So here is how I have things. Posted screen shot of my structure. Did not move Roms from location but copied into launchbox folder. 

Ive tried clean installs to no avail. Installed deep in  C drive to no avail. Moved roms, copied roms to no avail.

I named my emulation folder cores just because Retroarch did but it has no relation to it as RA is not even installed on my computer.

I know it can be done but the threads that tell you how are kind of vague and Im not savvy with batch files.

Thx ,

PG

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

Screenshot (13).png

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (15).png

Screenshot (16).png

Screenshot (17).png

4 hours ago, paulwgraber said:

Screenshot (12).png

Is this the Associated Platforms tab for Stella? It looks like Retroarch (>Tools >Manage >Emulators and edit Stella). Also not sure you need the command line parameter in there. Stella has a setting for fullscreen I believe.

If so one issue is you do not have Atari 2600 listed. When you add an emulator you need to be sure to list the platform it is associated with or LB cannot work properly. So you need to click in the empty cell in the bottom and enter your Atari 2600 platform name. Unless it is just further up the list and you are not showing it. 

12 minutes ago, paulwgraber said:

It is listed I just accidently scrolled down when I printed the screen.

Sorry bout that.

Screenshot (18).png

But why do you have tons of systems listed, none of which work with stella? This looks like the manage emulator screen for retroarch to me, not stella.

So installed Stella to try and using the command line argument -f seems to be the issue.

Don't use it and it starts but in windowsed mode, with it it is unrecognized and goes to Stella menu.

Edit: Use this command line option 

-fullscreen 1

Edited by Headrush69