LaunchBox Community Forums

Unable to login to EmuMovies

flatuswalrus

I have the latest, up-to-date version of LaunchBox and I am having issues with logging into EmuMovies, I think I know what the issue is, but I am unable to find a fix for it.

In LaunchBox, I go to Tools > Option > Integrations > EmuMovies and it has my login details stored. The thing is, I have recently changed my EmuMovies password, but LaunchBox is auto-filling the username/password fields with my old password. When I type in my new password and press 'test,' I am logged in; however, as soon as I close that window, it reverts back to my old password; therefore, when I go to import new or update existing games, I am unable to login to EmuMovies even if typing in my new password because LaunchBox's options refuse to hang on to my new password. Is there a way to wipe my old EmuMovies credentials from LaunchBox so I can type the new ones in and then hopefully it will save the new and correct ones?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PedgeJameson said:

I can bet it's saved somewhere in the Launchbox settings folders, and it's just not propagating.

Wish I could help more, but that might point you in the right direction.

In LaunchBox's Data folder, there is a file, Settings.xml. In that file it did have my EmuMovies username and password, I deleted those lines, and it did delete my credentials from the importer, but unfortunately, not the options menu, which is where my old credentials are stored. I have looked in every folder in Launchbox and simply cannot find anywhere else that has the EmuMovies username and password; thanks very much for the suggestion, though. Hopefully, someone might read this and know somewhere else where those details are stored.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PedgeJameson said:

Sorry, that's the one of the few things I could think of.

You'll get it.

Don't apologise, I really appreciate you trying to help. You are right, I did get it! It turns out that EmuMovies will let you create a password with special characters in it; however, LaunchBox does not seem to like those special characters. I changed my EmuMovies password to one that only contains lowercase and uppercase letters along with numbers, and LaunchBox accepted that immediately.

• Like 1