LaunchBox Community Forums

Flat and Classic Mini Consoles

exodus_cl

NOV. 2023 UPDATE

This was supposed to be a simple flat theme, but evolved into a 2 in 1, so you have the regular view which is flat and sleek and also you have available an optional view (per device) that resemble some classic mini consoles (including consoles that do not have mini versions as of yet).

Features of this theme:

• Simple flat version that runs fast and looks great.
  • No flashy animations that may affect perfomance.
  • Optional "Classic Mini" view for many systems (WIP).
  • Every Classic Mini view has it's own background music.
  • Improved original design of some "Classic Mini" (Such as PSX and Genesis).
  • Improved UI for some consoles like PS3, 3DS, etc.
  • "Classic Mini" style views for consoles that do not have an oficial Mini version (such as PS2, WII, etc.).
  • Platform/console selection with video (you need to download the video first from regular launchbox menu).

Thanks to:

@y2guru for your amazing theme editor 

@thiagofirmino for providing SNK Neo Geo and Sega Saturn Mini formats.

-

If you'd like to support my work, you can invite me a coffee anytime!

Edited by exodus_cl
  • Like 1

Fantastic work and another great update! What would be nice is if the platforms text-list had something else there. There's a lot of space with only information about the platform (Atari 2600, Sony Playstation 2, etc.) but it would be nice to fill up all that empty space with either an image of the platform or a platform-video. Here's a render I threw together with a 'before' and 'after' using the idea I suggested. If the CTC files are available then I'd probably be able to customize this in there. Only hoping on this one of course :)

1-1.thumb.jpg.1dff940192f0bdd33155277516c2f888.jpg

1-2.thumb.jpg.20f7befc174ac47150eba7d7dcf873cf.jpg

1-3.thumb.jpg.4c99cae7d8aff8e38afd30cdcd4f9856.jpg

1 hour ago, bundangdon said:

Fantastic work and another great update! What would be nice is if the platforms text-list had something else there. There's a lot of space with only information about the platform (Atari 2600, Sony Playstation 2, etc.) but it would be nice to fill up all that empty space with either an image of the platform or a platform-video. Here's a render I threw together with a 'before' and 'after' using the idea I suggested. If the CTC files are available then I'd probably be able to customize this in there. Only hoping on this one of course :)

1-1.thumb.jpg.1dff940192f0bdd33155277516c2f888.jpg

1-2.thumb.jpg.20f7befc174ac47150eba7d7dcf873cf.jpg

1-3.thumb.jpg.4c99cae7d8aff8e38afd30cdcd4f9856.jpg

Hey! Actually the console image is supposed to be there, I'll check to see what's going on!

Thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: Ok, fixed it, I'll update the file soon as I'm improving some other views, thanks again!

Edited by exodus_cl
Fixed the issue
  • Thanks 1