LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.9 Released!

faeran

57 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

It is not a case of not wanting to support. Here is Jason's response from a thread with the related error Win 7, 8, and 8.1 users are getting. 

Interesting they're not supporting Windows 8.1 when the site clearly states Windows 8.1 is still supported.

Supported Windows Platforms

LaunchBox is currently available for Windows 7 and higher. Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows 11 are fully supported. Windows 10 or Windows 11 are recommended for the best and most performant experience.

On 12/15/2023 at 3:22 PM, imagamejunky said:

I like the new Discovery Center feature a lot. Great job!

However, you have assigned on screen preset buttons assuming we are all using an xbox controller with "A and B" on the bottom right.  This is not applicable to a custom arcade cabinet user such as myself. You need to make these buttons customizable.

Thanks

Nick

At the moment we made sure to make this completely themeable, but that does mean in order to get your own custom buttons, you would need to make a copy of the default theme and then swap out the images that are under LaunchBox\themes\[theme name]\images\Controller

6 hours ago, hawkfanz said:

Interesting they're not supporting Windows 8.1 when the site clearly states Windows 8.1 is still supported.

Supported Windows Platforms

LaunchBox is currently available for Windows 7 and higher. Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows 11 are fully supported. Windows 10 or Windows 11 are recommended for the best and most performant experience.

As Jason stated in the other thread, this was an unintended side-effect of third party libraries we were forced to update. We will update the website accordingly to match our most recent version. 

11 minutes ago, faeran said:

At the moment we made sure to make this completely themeable, but that does mean in order to get your own custom buttons, you would need to make a copy of the default theme and then swap out the images that are under LaunchBox\themes\[theme name]\images\Controller

Ok thank you. I can understand changing images. But is there a way to assign buttons for "select and back"? My apologies if this is something simple that I missed. I'm not at my computer now to look.

Just now, imagamejunky said:

Ok thank you. I can understand changing images. But is there a way to assign buttons for "select and back"? My apologies if this is something simple that I missed. I'm not at my computer now to look.

You do this from the controller mappings section. The input system will then convert whatever button you use there to a filename and then check that folder for the necessary file.

If you don't know what your buttons are being registered with in Windows, open a start menu and type out "controllers". Open up the game controllers window, select your controller and look at its properties.

22 minutes ago, faeran said:

You do this from the controller mappings section. The input system will then convert whatever button you use there to a filename and then check that folder for the necessary file.

If you don't know what your buttons are being registered with in Windows, open a start menu and type out "controllers". Open up the game controllers window, select your controller and look at its properties.

I already have all buttons mapped with keyboard mapping (with ipacs) on my arcade cabinet.  I don't use controllers or controller mapping. My confusion was with what's supposed to happen when you press "back" from the game discovery center. My exit button (mapped to escape) takes me to the big box menu and then I have to select which view I want. Is "back" supposed to bring you to the menu, or is it supposed to return you to your default view? In my case, my default view is of the platforms. If "back" is supposed to bring you to the menu, would you please add a customization option which will allow "back" to return to the default view? That would be helpful.

Once again, thank you for adding the discovery center. It's really cool.

Nick

1 hour ago, Cadu said:

The Launchbox option "Hide in BigBox" does not seem to have any effect on the "Game Discovery" view. Is this as expected?

For now, we have this corrected internally and are waiting to see if any other critical bugs are found before releasing a correction.

Congratulations to Launchbox team for the new Game Discovery Center.

This is the greatest feature for Big Box to date & an awesome early Xmas treat.

I love this new feature browsing things to play on my TV in Living Room & feels like I’m gaming on a console which is what I think most people want today.

All it needs is a Gamer Pic with a profile name of who’s playing, A Game Controller Battery status bar & a Retro Achievements score status then it would literally be like I’m browsing through my Xbox & PlayStation. Keep up the good work Guys I look forward to all future updates.

LaunchBox 13.10 has been released. It is a minor release that addresses some issues that were reported with 13.9.

Full Changelog:

• Fixed: The Game Discovery Center was not notifying plugins that the selected item had changed
  • Fixed: The Platforms list in the Game Discovery Center wasn't adhering to settings that would hide platforms or show playlists appropriately
  • Fixed: Sometimes when leaving the Game Discovery Center music and/or video audio would keep playing in the background
  • Fixed: The Test button on the RetroAchievements options menu would always say the credentials were valid, even when they weren't
  • Fixed: A rare error that occurs when trying to load an image in the LaunchBox grid view for a box that is no longer in view
  • Fixed: The selected items on some lists in the Game Discovery Center could be slightly cropped if the user's display was 150% scaling or higher
  • Fixed: Game music wasn't playing correctly within the Game Discovery Center
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

Thanks for the new update

I have a minor question. RetroAchievements is back, but a line at the top of launchbox shows RetroAchievements points as 0. Do I have to configure something to show my real score? If I go to the RetroAchievements page it does show my score and not just 0, so I don't know if I have to manually tell Launchbox to check the softcore score

Thanks

On 12/26/2023 at 4:11 AM, SolarisSpell said:

Thanks for the new update

I have a minor question. RetroAchievements is back, but a line at the top of launchbox shows RetroAchievements points as 0. Do I have to configure something to show my real score? If I go to the RetroAchievements page it does show my score and not just 0, so I don't know if I have to manually tell Launchbox to check the softcore score

Thanks

A long while back RetroAchievement's changed their API so that the score received is your hardcore score (as opposed to your softcore score). If you are seeing 0 points it's possible all of your points you earned are softcore points.

• Thanks 2