LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox 13.9 Released!

faeran

Version 13.9 - Released December 14, 2023

Full Changelog: https://www.launchbox-app.com/about/changelog

• New Premium Feature: Big Box has a new view called Game Discovery Center, which allows you to discover your games in new ways. Access it through the system menu, or optionally make it your startup view.
  • Improvement: Big Box Themes can now use their own custom background music
  • Improvement: Added a View Additional Documents menu option to Game Details in Big Box
  • Improvement: LaunchBox will now scroll the selected item into view when a side panel is hidden/unhidden
  • Improvement: Chromium integration has been updated
  • Improvement: Updated Epic Games SSO logic so log ins are not required as often
  • Improvement: Adjusted download timeout windows to help reduce download errors when grabbing media
  • Improvement: The Fullset MAME Import Wizard is now more performant on lower end hardware
  • Fixed: RetroAchievements API has been restored and the existing functionality has been re-enabled within LaunchBox and Big Box
  • Fixed: Rare dictionary error when using an Arrange By setting in LaunchBox's Grid View
  • Fixed: Sidebar counts for genres with subgenres weren't being displayed correctly until clicked within LaunchBox (introduced in 13.8)
  • Fixed: Various errors related to the automated import process
  • Fixed: Corrected issues with the EA login screen appearing in the background on startup and when opening Manage Storefronts (introduced in 13.8)
  • Fixed: The on-the-fly filter was not showing correct results for the Wheel/Yoke controller category
  • Fixed: Steam notes weren't always being pulled correctly when scraping metadata
  • Fixed: While moving the LaunchBox window it would sometimes hang when the progress bar was being displayed
  • Fixed: Epic Game Store re-authentication time-out period has been increased for slower internet connections
  • Fixed: When combining games, games imported from Amazon Games or Xbox import wizard didn't generate the correct additional application name
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

13 minutes ago, Indeep said:

Thanks, the retroachievements page already fixed their API. I hope they integrate it again in the next updates.

17 hours ago, faeran said:

Fixed: RetroAchievements API has been restored and the existing functionality has been re-enabled within LaunchBox and Big Box

• Thanks 1

Just noticed a bug with the new update (great update by the way).  If you go into the Discover screen, select/move onto something that plays audio, then go back to the Platforms view, that sound file from Discover remains playing in the background until you close Bigbox/Launchbox down.

15 hours ago, lino11 said:

Great release!

Next: ScummVM game updates, please!!

:D

Thanks! ScummVM is one of those things that always gets pushed down the list, but we do have it on the list to tackle at some point!

3 hours ago, Merovingio said:

I'm glad to see these improvements. We would also appreciate more speed in scrolling games in Big Box.

While there's technical limitations here, we are always looking for ways to increase performance and stability.

1 hour ago, darkniu said:

I really liked the update as soon as I saw I renewed my license and I even upgrade it but when I updated my launchbox the app didnt work anymore, even making a new installation didnt work for me 

Hope someone can help me with that

I would open up your own thread with as many details about your computer and your LaunchBox build as you can think of.

57 minutes ago, Welz82 said:

Just noticed a bug with the new update (great update by the way).  If you go into the Discover screen, select/move onto something that plays audio, then go back to the Platforms view, that sound file from Discover remains playing in the background until you close Bigbox/Launchbox down.

Thanks. We'll look into this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Welz82 said:

How are you moving from the Discovery Center to the Platforms View? Are you pressing back to get to System View and then selecting "View Platforms", or are you pressing the "View Platforms" binding, or something else entirely?

Sorry, should have included that. I am using my controller shortcut to get back to the Platform View.

To recreate... 1) Start Bigbox which defaults to the Platform view.  2) Then use a keyboard shortcut key to go to Discovery 3) Find something in Discovery that plays music from a video 4) Press controller shortcut to get back to the Platform View... Sound from Discovery still present

Edited by Welz82

I like the new Discovery Center feature a lot. Great job!

However, you have assigned on screen preset buttons assuming we are all using an xbox controller with "A and B" on the bottom right.  This is not applicable to a custom arcade cabinet user such as myself. You need to make these buttons customizable.

Thanks

Nick

Its crashing now for me on startup.

(Inner Exception)

A procedure imported by 'F:\EMU\Emulator\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\Chromium\CefSharp.Core.Runtime.dll' could not be loaded.

App:     
Version: 13.9
Theme:   NOT SET
Type:    System.IO.FileLoadException
Site:    Void LoadFromPath(IntPtr, System.String, System.String, System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ObjectHandleOnStack)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromPath(IntPtr ptrNativeAssemblyLoadContext, String ilPath, String niPath, ObjectHandleOnStack retAssembly)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.LoadFromAssemblyPath(String assemblyPath)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFile(String path)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.<>c.PublishIdentifiableCandidate(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.<>c.PrepareStatelessTests(Object sender, ResolveEventArgs e)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.InvokeResolveEvent(ResolveEventHandler eventHandler, RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name)
   at System.Runtime.Loader.AssemblyLoadContext.OnAssemblyResolve(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String assemblyFullName)

(Outer Exception)

A procedure imported by 'CefSharp.Core.Runtime, Version=117.2.40.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=40c4b6fc221f4138' could not be loaded.

App:     
Version: 13.9
Theme:   NOT SET
Type:    System.IO.FileLoadException
Site:    Void .ctor()
Source:  CefSharp.Core

at CefSharp.CefSettingsBase..ctor()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App..ctor()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

Recent Log:

8:16:53 PM Exception

the game discovery center is an absolute beast of a feature. absolutely awesome! 

are there plans to add to the functionality a bit ? like adding an option to toggle Platforms/Platform categories/playlists? 

It's the feature of the year... hands down. xmas came early this year.

46 minutes ago, nrukbs13 said:

Is there any way of turning game videos off in discovery center, id still like them to show in actual games lists, but not in the discovery center as they really look out of place 

this would likely need a custom theme made to turn them off in Discovery Center's current state. There is not a specific setting that was implemented. 

1 hour ago, Marky161 said:

Crashing for me too on startup - same error as Kenspruill above. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Second update release that has resulted in crash at startup :(

It sounds like they don't want to support Windows 7 anymore.  Definitely frustrating because I prefer a few things that 7 can do which 10 can't for my arcade setup.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

It sounds like they don't want to support Windows 7 anymore.  Definitely frustrating because I prefer a few things that 7 can do which 10 can't for my arcade setup.

It is not a case of not wanting to support. Here is Jason's response from a thread with the related error Win 7, 8, and 8.1 users are getting. 

22 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

I'm sorry guys, but Microsoft (and other third party libraries) are making it near impossible to continue supporting Windows 7 (or 8, or 8.1) going forward. Eventually we have to update third party libraries to make sure that they don't have security issues, and sometimes it does break older versions of Windows, which is apparently what happened here. We updated to a newer version of Chromium (we didn't really have a choice on that one).