LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME4droid 2024(0.261core)

Eyebrows Cat

Sure, OK I can upvote this, no problem. While it seems to work well enough on a Samsung Galaxy phone, there's a stern warning with a red screen when I attempted to load the core in RetroArch. (Kudos to the developer. This is a big improvement over that malware encrusted thing that was there before. Very nice work.) 

23 hours ago, Eyebrows Cat said:

Custom emulator package name: com.seleuco.mame4d2024
Custom emulator activity name: com.seleuco.mame4droid.MAME4droid

Thank you. 

Works like a charm 😃😃

Edited by retrodude

On 1/9/2024 at 3:13 AM, Eyebrows Cat said:

Custom emulator package name: com.seleuco.mame4d2024
Custom emulator activity name: com.seleuco.mame4droid.MAME4droid

what am i doing wrong?  i pointed to my rom folder, entered this info, starting a game says it can’t find the rom in the folder that i pointed to.  i’ll my roms are merged might that have something to do with it?

On 1/10/2024 at 2:02 AM, d8thstar said:

i’m new to the android game… anyway to get LB to access usb sd card?  i’m running pimax portal which i believe is running android 10?

SD Card access is very dependent on the flavor of Android that runs on your device. If LaunchBox can see your external storage, it should automatically show up in the root of the file explorer popup in situations when you can choose a folder.

You can try formatting the SD card to FAT32 on your computer and seeing if that makes any difference for you.

Btw, we got the emulator working in the app and will be including it in the next beta.

5 hours ago, faeran said:

SD カードへのアクセスは、デバイス上で実行される Android のフレーバーに大きく依存します。LaunchBox が外部ストレージを認識できる場合、フォルダーを選択できる状況では、ファイル エクスプローラー ポップアップのルートに自動的に表示されるはずです。

コンピュータ上で SD カードを FAT32 にフォーマットして、何か変化があるかどうかを確認してください。

ところで、アプリ内でエミュレータが動作するようになったので、次のベータ版に含める予定です。

thank you for your support😀

ok so i got this version running outside of LB and i have set up LB per the instructions above.

when i try to launch robotron (i have the merged rom set), LB errors that it couldn’t find rom robotronun.zip

the merged rom is simply robotron.zip and that’s what was imported.  so not sure why it’s looking for a different rom. 

i tried loading alternate versions, same thing.  thing is, all those missing roms are in the merged robotron.zip rom.

am i importing incorrectly?  will this only worked with unmerged roms?

so close i can taste it :)

EDIT:  if i go into the edit metadata and select the correct rom, robotron.zip, it now works.  but i really don’t want to do that for 4k roms :)

another example, defender won’t start cause its looking for defenderb.zip.  changing that to defender.zip, game now starts

Edited by d8thstar