LaunchBox Community Forums

Import and Launchbox Database

Skinn0r

Hi,

I have an annoying problem.

When I import games from Steam, Epic, EA or similar, some games are not found in the LaunchBox database. But these games are in the database. As soon as I empty the application path, LaunchBox finds the game in the database.

Example:
Steam: 
Armor Of Heroes Path steam://rungameid/1368440
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars steam://rungameid/32510

I have already reinstalled LaunchBox. Unfortunately with the same problem.

I have 130 Steam games alone that were not recognized. If possible, I don't want to edit them all again by hand.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you.

Edit: I am using the newest version

Edited by Skinn0r

Unfortunately, not all Steam games will be automatically matched with the database entries at the moment. I'll just quote one of our devs on this matter:

On 12/20/2023 at 8:03 PM, C-Beats said:

Right now the database is undergoing a process where we are adding SteamIds to games. Currently LaunchBox will not attempt to match games without a SteamID associated to them in the database. You can tell these pages because the pages WITH the association has a link to the game's Steam page. Right now the only work around is to manually go to a game and edit it. Once the window comes up, cut out the app path and then go to the metadata tab. Press search in the upper right and it'll find the game page. Then click on it to associate the game. Then go back to the launching page and paste the app path back in and press OK to save the changes. We realize this is FAR from ideal and are working hard to get the database changes completed.