LaunchBox Community Forums

Using m3u files in Launchbox ?

zugswang

I am looking at setting PS1 up using m3u files for all disc games and want to know what actually happens when you come to the end of Disc 1 if you are using an m3u file, instead of the usual Disc 1 ?

Does it just boot to Disc 2, 3 , 4 etc automatically when you complete a disc ?

Any help appreciated (before I go and waste my time changing my setup) 😉

I don't believe the emulators have any code in them that says, "hey this is a disc loading screen, go ahead and swap discs for them". So you still need to go to the emulator menu and use the swap disc menu item to move to the next one. I admit it's been a long while since I've been in that scenario though so if you wait long enough some one may chime in and prove me wrong.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, zugswang said:

I am looking at setting PS1 up using m3u files for all disc games and want to know what actually happens when you come to the end of Disc 1 if you are using an m3u file, instead of the usual Disc 1 ?

Does it just boot to Disc 2, 3 , 4 etc automatically when you complete a disc ?

Any help appreciated (before I go and waste my time changing my setup) 😉

I set up a few m3u files to use with my mednafen setup.  I have never played any of the games though lol.  So I'd also be curious what happens when you get to that screen.  I'm pretty sure there is a keypress to be made to swap discs, and that the m3u file is just a place that the emulator goes to look for the next disc automatically maybe?  I know there is an advantage to booting using the m3u,...