LaunchBox Community Forums

Launch Box / Big Box error message

trapbudz

I keep getting this error message. My program was work a couple of days ago but now it won't boot up. Can anyone help explain this to me.

(Inner Exception)

Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.12
Theme:   Steamy
Type:    System.Exception
Site:    Void Init(System.String, Boolean)
Source:  SteamVent

at SteamVent.SteamContext.Init(String ProxyServerPath, Boolean SearchSubfolders) in F:\Programming\SteamVent\SteamVent\SteamContext.cs:line 492
   at SteamVent.SteamContext..ctor() in F:\Programming\SteamVent\SteamVent\SteamContext.cs:line 44
   at SteamVent.SteamContext.GetInstance() in F:\Programming\SteamVent\SteamVent\SteamContext.cs:line 52
   at SteamTools.SteamToolsGetSteamBannerGameMenuItemPlugin..ctor() in F:\Programming\LaunchBoxSteamToolsPlugin\SteamTools.Core\SteamToolsGetSteamBannerGameMenuItemPlugin.cs:line 75
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean wrapExceptions)

(Outer Exception)

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 13.12
Theme:   Steamy
Type:    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
Site:    System.Object CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean, Boolean)
Source:  System.Private.CoreLib

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean wrapExceptions)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic, Boolean wrapExceptions)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.<>c__78`1.IncludeTransactionalWrapper(Type type)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.DestroyTransactionalError[T](IEnumerable`1 def, ConcurrentDictionary`2& reg)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Root.LoadPlugins(String folderPath)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App.PrepareTraversalProperty(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.App..ctor()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.Program.Main(String[] args)

Recent Log:

11:05:27 AM Exception

Screenshot 2024-04-21 024108.png

Looks like a issue with the "steamy" theme to me, so i assume you were trying to use that? If you open your launchbox.xml file inside of the Launchbox/data folder and look for a line that references the theme, and change it to default that should use the default theme and allow Launchbox to open correctly.

Ill also tag @C-Beats here as this is his theme.

Edit:

Actually this may be a actual steam issue now i look at it more, so you'll have to wait for a more knowledgeable reply I'm afraid.

Edited by neil9000
  • Haha 1