LaunchBox Community Forums

Carnival King

AOR

Hello I am trying to get Carnival king to allow me to start the game. I think I moved the CHD file correctly into the folder where the MAME roms are located. I simply copied and pasted the CHD folder into that location and did nothing else. Are there other steps that I need to take? I am able to get the game to load and chose 1 or 2 players with either my xbox controller or the keyboard. I feel like I have tried every key but I cannot get it to go any further to be able to play the game. I ,moved a few other CHD folders over the same way for Area 51 and Carnevil and I am able to get those to allow me to play them. I know these games are designed for a light gun. Is there a way to use a mouse or xbox controller? The cross hairs on these games does not move naturally with what I  have.  Any help is appreciated thank you.

Works fine. You need to calibrate the game for the mouse or light guns to work.

Carnival King

Press F2 to enter SERVICE mode and select 'CALIBRATE GUN' with the VOLUME DOWN key '-'. Hit F2 to calibrate and to finish process hit F2 again.

Edited by Joe35car

Thank you Joe. Do you know what button or key I press to be able to start Carnival king after selecting 1 player by popping the ballon? I shoot the things on the screen but none of them bring me any further 

So after you configure the controllers you are able to pop the balloon? If so should just take you to the next screen. If it's not registering the shots while in game hit the tab key. Then input this game. Then set you trigger buttons there. 

I just now had time to try again. I discovered that I was also not able to play Carneval. The issue I am having is when the screen tells me to press start I do not know what to press to get a game to start. I am able to fire with  the game pad and the keyboard. I also figured out how to change the input assignments. 

When I want the non CHD games to start I press one of the small buttons on the xbox controller or maybe 1 on the keyboard. I have tried every key. I even tried it on a second machine and with another keyboard which is a wired windows keyboard.

disclaimer I am running Windows 11 24H2 on an old 2015 CoreI7  iMac but it is not a virtual machine.  The iMac is intel based.