LaunchBox Community Forums

Demul ROM extractor pack for MAME ROMs 1.0.1

(0 reviews)

About This File

Ok this was totally motivated by the fact that a lot of my Naomi ROMs no longer work in Demul due to needing newer ROMs so inspired by the  All Killer No Filler .bat and .txt files that @lordmonkusposted I don't recall the original person who did the work but he gets credit for this also. I simply looked at the NoFiller .txt file and saw what was going on and basically did the same thing for all of the Naomi, NaomiGD, Naomi2, Naomi2GD, Hikaru, Gaelco and Sammy Atomiswave games. I hope people find it useful. I'm also thinking about making one of these for Sega Model 3 which I believe uses MAME ROMs.

What's New in Version 1.0.1   See changelog

Released

Finally got around to fixing this added some more things it now includes separate lists for the following boards and a BIOS folder (which may not be complete since I can't see a list like you can with the games) I hope this helps getting your Demul arcade games imported easier. Once these files are imported you could always use Notepad++ to change the paths back to your original MAME ROMs folders also and just delete the copies you used to import them into LB getting rid of the redundant files.

Naomi

NaomiGD

Naomi 2

Naomi 2 GD

Sammy Atomiswave

Hikaru

Gaelco

Cave

Sega System SP (spider)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I forgot to add just paste the .bat files into your MAME roms folder and run the .bat file from the local machine it will not work if your ROMs are on a network drive so you will have to run it from the computer where the files are stored..

• Like 1

Finally got the revisions done on this so everyone feel free to download it now.

Edited by DOS76

Anyone know? Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but I will....just curious before I bother; in case it still needs work for the latest set...

Inside the zip is a bat for each of those platforms listed. When you run one from inside of your MAME ROMs folder it will make a folder for that platform in the directory you run it from. You will be responsible for copying the files over to a location that is setup in Demul

Edited by DOS76

you would probably have to edit the bat files to get your file extension as these are specifically looking for .zip also you should use the new pack that @SentaiBrad made as its more up to date. Its also in the download section but most likely his is written for .zip also so you would still need to edit it.

Edited by DOS76

Yeah I'm sure that you could do that once you removed them from the archive you could easily archive them in another format. Pretty good idea.

Good idea indeed  but, if you have a 100 roms it would be a royal pain.. I see an improvement on filters but also a down side..newer mame uses 7z and fba uses zip files now if I imported mame roms in .7z and added roms in zip or rom files launchbox will see those as duplicates so the games I would like to play will not be imported, I know I can import everything regardless of duplication but this can lead to a big mess of games that need to same game from other regions to play in order to run!!! so an unrelated question would be can I combine games that are on a different format (.rom,.zip) but with the same name once they are all imported as .7z so then I can choose to use .zip, .rom or 7z to run the game as a default?

I get a new MAME set every month and its always in .zip so it probably just depend on the source.

Actually with CLRMAMEPro you may be able to switch all 7z to zip.  In Notepad++ you could also change all references to .zip to .7z all at once using find and replace.

Edited by DOS76

Anything with GD at the end needs CHD there is actually a newer pack by @SentaiBradwhich copies the chd files for you when you run the extractor I should get around to removing my pack from the download section.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DOS76 said:

Anything with GD at the end needs CHD there is actually a newer pack by @SentaiBradwhich copies the chd files for you when you run the extractor I should get around to removing my pack from the download section.

Ah, great to know! I already have the Naoimi chd's so I'm all set, I'll give DOS76's bat's a crack with MAME 0.186. 

If anyone's interested to update their files I've decided to take the time and redo them as a lot of games have been added. I've also added ST-V, Model 2 and Model 3. Should you update with these? If your Mame set is relatively new then I guess yes! Hope this will save you some time they took quite some of my yesterday's night to do hehe!

0.215 version https://github.com/Emulga/Mame-Rom-Extractor/releases/tag/0.215

Usage https://github.com/Emulga/Mame-Rom-Extractor/wiki/Usage

• Thanks 1