LaunchBox Community Forums

The Best of Nintendo - A combination of playlist and theme 1.0.0

(5 reviews)

5 Screenshots

About This File

I present a labor-of-love. It is a project that I have been working on for a while. It is part-theme and part-playlist.

Basically, it's a historical look through Nintendo's console history with playlists designed to capture the best of every release (in 20, 50, and 100 game lists). Included in the zip file are customized clear logos, XML playlist files, and downloaded Youtube commercials.

The Best of Nintendo - Please check out the video and let me know what you think.

Notes:
*I started by aggregating data into spreadsheets for each console. Based upon review scores, polls, and web lists, I created my own lists of the best, most important, successful, or under-appreciated games for each console. Spreadsheets with sources here. 

Best of Nintendo Home Consoles
Best of Handheld Consoles
If you feel these lists are criminally incorrect, please let me know.

*I created clear logos for each playlist. I used a variety of sources from the web and the clear logo collection in the Unified theme pack as starting resources. I haven't used Photoshop in quite a while, but it was fun getting back into it. If you have any requests or suggestions regarding the logos, please let me know.
*Then I scoured Youtube seeking interesting and funny commercials for each platform. Clearly, I could not find many of them in high quality. For many videos, I had to edit out intros or outros. Apologies to original uploaders for not giving proper credit. If anyone has suggestions or higher quality versions of these commercials, please let me know.
*Grabbed general console information from Wikipedia - slight editing.
*Used a combination of the excellent Unified theme, Coverbox theme, Famicom theme , and BG Clean theme for the game lists.
*Obviously Game & Watch is not a real top 10 - I'm still waiting on Mame to start emulating some of the more popular releases.
*Nintendo 3DS and Wii U are limited to top 20 for now. Also waiting for emulation to catch up with these newer platforms.

*Big thanks to Colpipes78 for the great set-ups, implementing Rocket Launcher, media, roms, and making my life (and many others) a thousand times easier. 

I hope some of you find parts of it useful.

Next - Sega or Sony?

What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Game On 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Kondorito

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Impressive! I just discovered this because of zengeek's review in my unread messages feed. 

I love what you did here Mr. Laor! It is a joy to scroll more than play :)

Link to review
zengeek

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

i just discovered this, Magnificent work @Mr.Laor so much thought and attention to detail, this deserves a lot of credit...

Response from the author:

Thanks, I was working on Sega but since this didn't seem to get much interest I took a break

Link to review
xevious1974

I love it!
A complete pack, you have all here!
Do you have LB/BB? Do you like playlists?
So, download it and enjoy!

Link to review
LostArc79

This has made my LB/BB 10x better. This is a masterpiece. It has not nearly gotten the attention is deserves. 

Link to review