LaunchBox Community Forums

Rincewind 4.6

(7 reviews)

9 Screenshots

About This File

This started out as all I wanted to do is make the background image, when selecting a game fill the whole space. So after looking at the default theme and the great LBPlex theme (credit to @Grila) I managed to get all the bits I preferred and made a theme to my liking. Hopefully your like it too :) .

And now with updates from the Default Plus theme (credit to @faeran).

**NEW** Now you can have any colour you wish by simply changing the "selected Item background" colour. (see below screenshot)

v4.0.thumb.png.02f26ae887e5f49ef6e57a7cc87f7480.png

What's New in Version 4.6   See changelog

Released

This version will require LaunchBox 13.6 for the new notification center to work.

**Update - The new Notification Bell to allow for access to the Notification Center is now included.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, Krako13 said:

Yep, it seems to be ok now :), i probably share the code about the maxplayers after few tests.

About the ESRB, i like the idea to have the 2 ratings as now, just adding a not rated icon would complete it :) (the must would be to mix the news logo with the old ones :))

Hey @Rincewind,  If you'd like, I can maybe take my USA colored ones and see if I can find a good set of the Euro ratings that would go good with them, and see if I can make ya a set if you'd like. 

@The Papaw I would be happy to add them to the forum versions of the theme thank you, but the version I have within the LB theme manager I will keep them to the official ones.

• Like 1

**Fixed - The PDF icon from the last update was not centring correctly.

**Added - A new set of ESRB and PEGI combined logos.

**Added - A "Not Rated" icon.

• Like 2

@Thornback Just submitted the update to be approved for the LB Theme Manager.

As for the forum downloads I was going to just have the version that the user can choose there own colour, rather than coding multiple versions of the theme just for a colour. So I'll upload that here now :) 

• Unusual Gem 1

**Added - The new platform icons are now implemented into the theme.

these will only work if you are on the 13.2 beta version or above.

Uploaded a new version...

* Fixed - There was a bug that was resulting in a LB crash, this happened when changing a game name.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, @Rincewind

I am having issues with games imported from EA Play. Storefront icons are not showing ever since the removal of Origin, even after re-importing. Is this the same for you? Steam, GOG, Epic, etc. all working fine.

@Rincewind embarrassingly, I did not realize that Badges -> Storefronts -> EA was not enabled. Checking this option fixed the problem. It did not occur to me that Origin would have been a separate option at the time. Please disregard!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Haha yes I see I need to add the pop out , I will sort this at the weekend hopefully 😅 

We luv ya dude :P

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

@Thornback @The Papaw It's in :) 

**Added - The new pop out game details window icon is now in. Simply choose the game and the icon appears in the top right of the game details panel.

Just curious, is it suppose to show the update in the LB Theme Manage? If so, it isn't yet

3 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

Just curious, is it suppose to show the update in the LB Theme Manage? If so, it isn't yet

Themes in the app need extensive testing by the devs before inclusion, so i doubt it would be available in app yet, you would need to download it from the forum instead.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Themes in the app need extensive testing by the devs before inclusion, so i doubt it would be available in app yet, you would need to download it from the forum instead.

Yes Sir, I just didn't know if this was one of them

58 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

@Thornback @The Papaw It's in :) 

**Added - The new pop out game details window icon is now in. Simply choose the game and the icon appears in the top right of the game details panel.

Another question about the pop-out, should they remember re-sizing? It looks good BTW, but doesn't remember the resizing

Edited by The Papaw

@The Papaw Yes @neil9000 is correct, I have uploaded the theme to the LB team and it will be in the theme manager when they have tested it. So until then you would just download the forum version (4.4) As for the remembering the window size that is exactly what I thought after testing it, I will look into it but it might be a LB issue and not theme specific issue.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

@The Papaw Yes @neil9000 is correct, I have uploaded the theme to the LB team and it will be in the theme manager when they have tested it. So until then you would just download the forum version (4.4) As for the remembering the window size that is exactly what I thought after testing it, I will look into it but it might be a LB issue and not theme specific issue.

I think the re-sizing is more a LB theme, as I tried it with one of @faeran's themes and it doesn't remember the re-size either (it actually threw error if the re-size was small enough to were it needed to move items downward (line wrap)). As far as the other, was just giving feedback. 

• Game On 1

@The Papaw Apparently I can make it a certain size as default but it will always default to the size I set it, so I was thinking full screen is that what you were thinking also? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

@The Papaw Apparently I can make it a certain size as default but it will always default to the size I set it, so I was thinking full screen is that what you were thinking also? 

Not sure, depends on how you need to edit it, if by % or by pixel size. I think it is a good height, but needs to be 2-3 times wider. The dialog (pop-out) that opens is a regular windows windows that has a full screen option at the top right.

I don't know enough about the variables used though, if monitor resolution/screen size factors into it, etc. ya know.

If this helps, here is what I see on a 4K monitor: 

Screenshot 1 is original

Untitled1.thumb.jpg.bdf9657d15f4402be56c855ab426fa57.jpg

Width stretch that stretches banner some, maybe a bit much even

Untitled2.thumb.jpg.763ff83930729744bbb79fa8091bf2dc.jpg

I never adjusted height

Edited by The Papaw

@The Papaw @Thornback Another quick update to the pop out window....

**Changed - The default size of the pop out window is now almost full screen, allowing you to still see the interface behind but taking full advantage of the screen of the game details.

• Like 1
  • Game On 1

32 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

@The Papaw @Thornback Another quick update to the pop out window....

**Changed - The default size of the pop out window is now almost full screen, allowing you to still see the interface behind but taking full advantage of the screen of the game details.

Looks awesome, I knew you'd figure it out! B|

• Thanks 1