LaunchBox Community Forums

Radiance 0.4

(2 reviews)

4 Screenshots

About This File

Here is an early release version of theme Radiance.

This theme is based around the Aura theme by iGarikoitz.

3.thumb.PNG.c42a6adec4f61b3156f29d878c127277.PNG

Things to note:

• Theme works best with game music.
  • Theme works best when you have 1 boxart image per game. If you have more than 1 boxart image for a game, the box highlight may not work properly. This is because the coverflow will randomly select a boxart image to display, and the box highlight will also randomly select a boxart image to use for sizing the highlight. If they choose differently, then it will look off. There is currently no way to know which image the coverflow will select to display.
  • This theme does not work well if a system has boxart that is not uniform.
  • Custom changes on a per-platform basis need to be made. All system may not be currently covered. If you find a system that is not currently covered, please let me know and I'll look into it.

Have fun!

Credits:

Faeran - Created the Radiance theme for Launchbox
iGarikoitz - The inspiration for Radiance, including his Aura and Aura 4k themes for RetroFE
Tronkyfran - Platform background graphics used from his Tronkyfran theme for Emulation Station

What's New in Version 0.4   See changelog

Released

May 4, 2019

• Fixed foreign language character issue with Scout Black font
  • Alpha numeric index is now invisible until triggered to give a better sense of when you have targeted it
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Game On 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Love this theme! Would it be possible to change the main platform view to the original Tronyfran emulation station style? Or provide project files so I can do it in theme creator? I dont like the square image in the middle and would prefer the console logos in a horizontal strip the way emulationstation was. Otherwise its perfect, the large box art is awesome.

1544422515541-atari.png

7 hours ago, Boofnuts said:

Love this theme! Would it be possible to change the main platform view to the original Tronyfran emulation station style? Or provide project files so I can do it in theme creator? I dont like the square image in the middle and would prefer the console logos in a horizontal strip the way emulationstation was. Otherwise its perfect, the large box art is awesome.

1544422515541-atari.png

You can use StationEmulation as your primary theme, then use this theme in your game views and achieve what you want already. Or create your own theme that combines the two the way you are wanting.

9 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

You can use StationEmulation as your primary theme, then use this theme in your game views and achieve what you want already. Or create your own theme that combines the two the way you are wanting.

Yeah, this would be the easiest move, since you can combine themes together.

11 hours ago, C-Beats said:

I thought of that but without project files I can't edit radiance in theme creator. Also I can't apply radiance to a single view, it can only be applied as my main theme. When I go to "manage themes" radiance does not have the "apply to" option.

11 hours ago, Boofnuts said:

I thought of that but without project files I can't edit radiance in theme creator. Also I can't apply radiance to a single view, it can only be applied as my main theme. When I go to "manage themes" radiance does not have the "apply to" option.

Radiance was not created using the CTC. Looking at the code in the xaml files this looks to have been manually coded. So you would not be able to edit it in the Theme Creator tool.

11 hours ago, Boofnuts said:

Also I can't apply radiance to a single view, it can only be applied as my main theme.

Yes you can, set a button to "change theme" go to a platforms game view and press that button, pick this theme.

13 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Yes you can, set a button to "change theme" go to a platforms game view and press that button, pick this theme.

Perfect! That worked. Thanks so much for the help.