LaunchBox Community Forums

Radiance

faeran

Radiance

View File

Here is an early release version of theme Radiance.

This theme is based around the Aura theme by iGarikoitz.

3.thumb.PNG.c42a6adec4f61b3156f29d878c127277.PNG

Things to note:

• Theme works best with game music.
  • Theme works best when you have 1 boxart image per game. If you have more than 1 boxart image for a game, the box highlight may not work properly. This is because the coverflow will randomly select a boxart image to display, and the box highlight will also randomly select a boxart image to use for sizing the highlight. If they choose differently, then it will look off. There is currently no way to know which image the coverflow will select to display.
  • This theme does not work well if a system has boxart that is not uniform.
  • Custom changes on a per-platform basis need to be made. All system may not be currently covered. If you find a system that is not currently covered, please let me know and I'll look into it.

Have fun!

Credits:

Faeran - Created the Radiance theme for Launchbox
iGarikoitz - The inspiration for Radiance, including his Aura and Aura 4k themes for RetroFE
Tronkyfran - Platform background graphics used from his Tronkyfran theme for Emulation Station

• Like 7

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Thinman123 said:

How do i get theme to display horizontal like the picture above? I tried changing the style in Views but it always stays in vertical view with details.

In your BigBox go to Options then keyboard or controller settings and map a key/button to "Switch View" this will allow you to be in the theme directly and change views on the fly.  This way you can see what it changes to versus changing in the settings and then backing out. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Retro808 said:

In your BigBox go to Options then keyboard or controller settings and map a key/button to "Switch View" this will allow you to be in the theme directly and change views on the fly.  This way you can see what it changes to versus changing in the settings and then backing out. 

Thank you so much Retro808! That worked perfectly! Such a beautiful theme. Would you happen to know if i can remove the time clock in the upper right hand side or if i can change it to 12hr format? 

27 minutes ago, Thinman123 said:

Thank you so much Retro808! That worked perfectly! Such a beautiful theme. Would you happen to know if i can remove the time clock in the upper right hand side or if i can change it to 12hr format? 

Change the format I am not sure on. I took a look at the code and Fraeran is using a plugin. To delete it I do know if you go into the xaml for the view you are using, so lets say you are using view HorizontalWheel1 you would go into the them folder and in the Views folder edit the HorizontalWheel1GamesView.xaml then look for the section with "Date and Time" and delete the line below. 

<aoc:DigitalClock Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="1" FontFamily="{StaticResource ScoutBlack}" FontSize="50" Foreground="#1c393d" Opacity="0.6" DockPanel.Dock="Right" />

I just tested and it did remove the clock and did not break the theme. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Change the format I am not sure on. I took a look at the code and Fraeran is using a plugin. To delete it I do know if you go into the xaml for the view you are using, so lets say you are using view HorizontalWheel1 you would go into the them folder and in the Views folder edit the HorizontalWheel1GamesView.xaml then look for the section with "Date and Time" and delete the line below. 

<aoc:DigitalClock Grid.Row="1" Grid.Column="1" FontFamily="{StaticResource ScoutBlack}" FontSize="50" Foreground="#1c393d" Opacity="0.6" DockPanel.Dock="Right" />

I just tested and it did remove the clock and did not break the theme. 

That's awesome! It worked beautifully. Thanks again Retro808! 

Sorry to bug you again, I've been playing around with this theme for the past couple of day and am absolutely in love with it. I was trying to figure out if supports Platform Videos? I tried just about every Platform View, but can never get it to work.

Additionally, how can i add a background image to the game view while scrolling horizontal (just like the video above) ? 

• 6 months later...
21 hours ago, HannesRoets said:

Hi

thanks for your theme, one question, any idea on why my icons for players, rating, ... don't show up? i looked at the folders and noticed only icons for "genre" are there.

thanks!

H

Hi @HannesRoets. There's a possibility that this theme requires an updated plugin. I'll need to get around to doing that at some point.

56 minutes ago, faeran said:

Hi @HannesRoets. There's a possibility that this theme requires an updated plugin. I'll need to get around to doing that at some point.

Hi, any idea on what plugin that might be? thnx
edit: are you sure it's a plugin? there is no such icons in any of the theme folders.

Edited by HannesRoets

5 hours ago, HannesRoets said:

Hi, any idea on what plugin that might be? thnx
edit: are you sure it's a plugin? there is no such icons in any of the theme folders.

It's the themer plugin. I think one of the launchbox updates introduced compatibility issues with plugin, which was resolved in a newer version of the plugin. Just haven't got around to apply the update to all my themes.

The plugin does things differently, the icons are hidden deep in the plugins folder.

• 2 months later...
On 2/9/2020 at 9:15 PM, faeran said:

It's the themer plugin. I think one of the launchbox updates introduced compatibility issues with plugin, which was resolved in a newer version of the plugin. Just haven't got around to apply the update to all my themes.

The plugin does things differently, the icons are hidden deep in the plugins folder.

Did you find a fix for this? I have the same issue. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

So I'm using this theme, but running into an issue when I'm adding another platform, specifically the Famicom Disk System. I have the Clear Logo set for the system in Platforms in LaunchBox, and it shows that logo when I'm selected on the system using your theme in Big Box, but when I'm on the next selection over (like one to the left or one to the right, like on Nintendo Entertainment System for example), it's not showing the clear logo I've set. It's just showing the huge default normal white font with Nintendo Famicom Disk System, and then changes to the Clear Logo I've set when I select back on that platform. 

Any idea on how to fix that? @faeran

Untitled.png

Edited by Invisible

10 hours ago, Invisible said:

So I'm using this theme, but running into an issue when I'm adding another platform, specifically the Famicom Disk System. I have the Clear Logo set for the system in Platforms in LaunchBox, and it shows that logo when I'm selected on the system using your theme in Big Box, but when I'm on the next selection over (like one to the left or one to the right, like on Nintendo Entertainment System for example), it's not showing the clear logo I've set. It's just showing the huge default normal white font with Nintendo Famicom Disk System, and then changes to the Clear Logo I've set when I select back on that platform. 

Any idea on how to fix that? @faeran

Untitled.png

Hi @Invisible. Have you tried to refresh all your images in the image cache? It's in the BigBox options.

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, Invisible said:

Hey again @faeran ! Have you thought about creating new platform images for some platforms that dont have fanart? Like for example, the CD-I, WonderSwan (non-Color), and Tiger Game.com. I'm still using this theme as my go-to, and would love to have some more platforms added in.

Glad you are still enjoying this theme.

I probably won't come back to this theme as it is right now, although anyone could go in and create platform specific views if you play around with the xaml files.

I may, however, recreate this theme within the COMMUNITY Theme creator at some point in the future, on a twitch stream. This will allow people to edit the theme a lot easier within the editor's interface.