LaunchBox Community Forums

PausePie 1.1

(0 reviews)

2 Screenshots

About This File

PausePie is a simple pause theme for LaunchBox/BigBox based off of the RetroPie system menu. A simple text based menu system overlays a slightly blurred background image of the game.

Installation Instructions

1. Extract the PausePie folder into your LaunchBox\PauseThemes folder
  2. Open LaunchBox or BigBox and change the Pause Theme to PausePie

1.thumb.PNG.88086aa30efbdb1639b6596a9dc20e01.PNG2.thumb.PNG.922867674916fc89eb1b8699141efdb5.PNG

What's New in Version 1.1   See changelog

Released

• Font will now be utilized whether you have it installed or not
  • A bit of code cleanup
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Unusual Gem 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

3 minutes ago, starfiretbt said:

Do the save states work for dos and windows games yet?

The emulators themselves have to support save states, this isnt on Launchbox to do. I dont use DOS so cant speak to that, but standard windows games will have there own way of saving, and if they have quick save and quick load buttons you can add those, of course they will likely be different for every game. No Windows games have save states in the way you are meaning here.

I know platform emulators have save state features, I was hoping somewhere someone would develop one for dos and windows because it would allow games to be beaten faster, allowing for more games to be played. Why can't dos box get save states or someone develop something similar for windows games?

1 minute ago, starfiretbt said:

I know platform emulators have save state features, I was hoping somewhere someone would develop one for dos and windows because it would allow games to be beaten faster, allowing for more games to be played. Why can't dos box get save states or someone develop something similar for windows games?

Its simply not possible on windows games, they are not roms and they are not being emulated. As i said i dont use DOS so cant speak to that really, but i would assume the same there, you save with there in game saves just like you would back in the day.

9 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Its simply not possible on windows games, they are not roms and they are not being emulated. As i said i dont use DOS so cant speak to that really, but i would assume the same there, you save with there in game saves just like you would back in the day.

Yup, as far as I know, DOS uses standard saves in-game since it is just being ran on a virtual hard drive.  So it would be just saving your game like normal.