LaunchBox Community Forums

Nostalgia |16:9| video Set 1.3.2

(13 reviews)

10 Screenshots

About This File

The idea of this set is to place the gameplay video in context, with the hardware of its time. A touch of nostalgia to better understand an unknown material especially for the youngest. Most of the montages use the EmuMovie gameplay videos. The others are mine.

This video set is also available in 4:3 ratio here

I also share the gameplay videos I create with the help of the community.
On EmuMovie FTP :       "Upload here > _Video Snap Submissions > Viking (Platform Video)"

/!\  IMPORTANT NEWS  /!\

Dad of 2 young children, I dont have enough time to make another video.
Thanks to him, @dragon57 are nicely create new video for this set. You can find additional videos here.

If other people are interested in creating video for this set, here is a Mega link to download a 7zip archive with some source files that will help you stay in the graphical lines.
Thank you for your help and your understanding! ;)

// VIDEO //

• Platform =  253 videos
  • Category = 5 videos

// INFORMATION //

• 16:9 format
  • HD resolution : 1920x1080px
  • MP4 format - H264 Codec - AAC audio - most with 30fps
  • EmuMovie or community video integration, unless not available, I created myself the games loop.

Arcade.jpg

// INSTRUCTION //

There is 2 way to download my videos :

Way 1 : The easy one

• In LaunchBox, go to "tools > Download platform video theme"
  • Select "Viking's Nostalgia (16x9)"
  • Clic "OK"

Way 2 : By hand

• Download files here one by one and copy into :    ... / LauchBox / Themes / <theme name> / Videos / Platforms / ...
  • Rename the videos exactly as the name of the desired platform in LaunchBox.
  • Launch BigBox

// PREVIEW //

Super Nintendo Entertainment System EUR.jpgSega Master System.jpgNintendo Wii.jpg

What's New in Version 1.3.2   See changelog

Released

• add +1 new CATEGORY video (favourite)
  • add +1 new PLATFORM video (Sega Naomi 2)
  • Like 46
  • Thanks 16
  • Game On 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

7 hours ago, dragon57 said:

Not to my knowledge. I could add this one to my list of videos if you want. What exactly would you want to see for a special MSU-1 version of the video? How do you want it different than the existing SNES video?

I was just curious if there was one, I wasn’t expecting anyone to go out of their way but that’s kind of you to offer, thanks. I have the main menu clear logo and box-art so I guess with the video to distinguish it maybe just a cartridge in the system displaying a label like this:

msu1.png

I could just use the standard SNES video and be happy. What do you think?

17 minutes ago, Dane said:

I was just curious if there was one, I wasn’t expecting anyone to go out of their way but that’s kind of you to offer, thanks. I have the main menu clear logo and box-art so I guess with the video to distinguish it maybe just a cartridge in the system displaying a label like this:

msu1.png

I could just use the standard SNES video and be happy. What do you think?

I can create an updated video showing a cart in the system like you describe. Just be aware I am not sure when the video will be finished, so I'm appreciative of your patience. I'll make an updated post here when it is available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dragon57 said:

I can create an updated video showing a cart in the system like you describe. Just be aware I am not sure when the video will be finished, so I'm appreciative of your patience. I'll make an updated post here when it is available.

I would never request a timeframe, it is appreciated no matter how long it took. You’re very kind.

On 2/26/2018 at 4:27 AM, Dane said:

I would never request a timeframe, it is appreciated no matter how long it took. You’re very kind.

@Dane, I have uploaded both 16:9 and 4:3 versions of a SNES MSU-1 video per your request in my Nostalgia video set additions sections.

@Dane, I have uploaded both 16:9 and 4:3 versions of a SNES MSU-1 video per your request in my Nostalgia video set additions sections.

Absolutely fantastic. You sir, are awesome.

I have another request if I may be so bold.

I have just added a separate 'system' into my LaunchBox database, the Brazilian TecToy releases for the SEGA Master System which I scraped at SEGA Master System. I have made an appropriate main system clear logo but it would be cool to have a different video for it. It would be cool to have a video with this image here. If possible it would be fun too to have the TV playing some game-play footage of a crappy TecToy release like SFII.

Also, I wish to do the same with the SEGA Mega Drive. It would be cool to have the SEGA Mega Drive 3 like here or here. Though, I am unable to find any good quality images of them so on a more fun and quirky route one could use the TecToy Mega Drive 4 Guitar Idol unit where much better images are available like this or even better with the controllers. For the video you could show some footage of the exciting Show do Milhão?

Edited by Dane

@Dane, I have uploaded 16:9 and 4:3 versions of the Tectoy Genesis/Mega Drive and Master System videos to my Nostalgia video additions sections. In the end, I used generic game play videos for the monitor animations just to broaden the appeal of the videos. I hope this was OK.

Hi, would you be able to do an arcade cabinet like the other ones you have done, for, and in the style of the HBMAME logo?

Edited by Dane

5 hours ago, Dane said:

Hi, would you be able to do an arcade cabinet like the other ones you have done, for, and in the style of the HBMAME logo?

Absolutely. I'll add it to my queue.

@Dane, I have uploaded 16:9 and 4:3 versions of an HBMAME cabinet per your request. They can be found in my Nostalgia additions sets. I hope they works for you.

9 hours ago, dragon57 said:

@Dane, I have uploaded 16:9 and 4:3 versions of an HBMAME cabinet per your request. They can be found in my Nostalgia additions sets. I hope they works for you.

They sure do work for me. You did a mighty fine job my good man, thank you very much.

12 hours ago, dragon57 said:

Actually, I have just tested it on BigBox and the background is kind of funky. The nice shadowing present on the normal background must have been effected upon exporting from your video editing program. 

image.png

/!\  IMPORTANT NEWS  /!\

Dad of 2 young children, I dont have enough time to make another video.
Thanks to him, @dragon57 are nicely create new video for this set. You can find additional videos here.

If other people are interested in creating video for this set, here is a Mega link to download a 7zip archive with some source files that will help you stay in the graphical lines.
Thank you for your help and your understanding! ;)

Aloha, any chance of getting a video of the magazine rack not inside the arcade cabinet? Not sure if it can just be put on the nice grey background? As it kind of looks weird inside an arcade cabinet as it is now, to me at least.

3 hours ago, Dane said:

Aloha, any chance of getting a video of the magazine rack not inside the arcade cabinet? Not sure if it can just be put on the nice grey background? As it kind of looks weird inside an arcade cabinet as it is now, to me at least.

Would you want just a static picture of the rack w/the mags, or the full animation like is in the cab video?

49 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Would you want just a static picture of the rack w/the mags, or the full animation like is in the cab video?

Full animation is preferable but if it is too much effort a static image would be greatly appreciated too, thank you very much.

I added the Sharp MZ-700 to my Launch Box tonight though it is not in the LaunchBox database and there is no video of it of course. I made this and was wondering if it is good enough? Hopefully the green on the screen is good enough to make it easy on Kdenlive for you. I am unable to finish it off as I have already pulled enough hair out trying.5ad488273f47a_SharpMZ-700.thumb.png.e113a52805c378480a4a9b6b8d41a748.png

I downloaded some game footage off of YouTube from the system but my video editing skills are poopy. I am happy to keep making these backgrounds for stuff if you are able to finish them off with the video side of things dragon57?

Edited by Dane

On 4/14/2018 at 2:53 AM, Dane said:

Full animation is preferable but if it is too much effort a static image would be greatly appreciated too, thank you very much.

@Dane, I have uploaded a new, alternate Magazines video in both 16:9 and 4:3. Please let me know if they work for you.

20 hours ago, Dane said:

I added the Sharp MZ-700 to my Launch Box tonight though it is not in the LaunchBox database and there is no video of it of course. I made this and was wondering if it is good enough? Hopefully the green on the screen is good enough to make it easy on Kdenlive for you. I am unable to finish it off as I have already pulled enough hair out trying.5ad488273f47a_SharpMZ-700.thumb.png.e113a52805c378480a4a9b6b8d41a748.png

I downloaded some game footage off of YouTube from the system but my video editing skills are poopy. I am happy to keep making these backgrounds for stuff if you are able to finish them off with the video side of things dragon57?

@Dane, I'll work on one and send you a PM.

@Dane, I have uploaded a new, alternate Magazines video in both 16:9 and 4:3. Please let me know if they work for you.

Perfect, thank you very much.

hey guys, i need help :(

first of all i love these nostalgia videos! awesome work! but can i have them mirrored? So that everything is on the left side instead of the right one?

i could just somehow mirror the video but then all the logos etc. are mirrored aswell...

thank you very much!

can you work on a NEC PC-Engine CD one? I only found TurboGrafx 16 CD, but not for the PC Engine version. that would be awesome

12 hours ago, Chris Kant said:

can you work on a NEC PC-Engine CD one? I only found TurboGrafx 16 CD, but not for the PC Engine version. that would be awesome

I just made one for you. Sorry about the size and if it is not to your liking it can just tie you over until someone else makes one better.

NEC PC-Engine CD.7z

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dane said:

I just made one for you. Sorry about the size and if it is not to your liking it can just tie you over until someone else makes one better.

NEC PC-Engine CD.7z

Looks great to me!

• Thanks 1