LaunchBox Community Forums

Nostalgia |16:9| video Set 1.3.2

(13 reviews)

10 Screenshots

About This File

The idea of this set is to place the gameplay video in context, with the hardware of its time. A touch of nostalgia to better understand an unknown material especially for the youngest. Most of the montages use the EmuMovie gameplay videos. The others are mine.

This video set is also available in 4:3 ratio here

I also share the gameplay videos I create with the help of the community.
On EmuMovie FTP :       "Upload here > _Video Snap Submissions > Viking (Platform Video)"

/!\  IMPORTANT NEWS  /!\

Dad of 2 young children, I dont have enough time to make another video.
Thanks to him, @dragon57 are nicely create new video for this set. You can find additional videos here.

If other people are interested in creating video for this set, here is a Mega link to download a 7zip archive with some source files that will help you stay in the graphical lines.
Thank you for your help and your understanding! ;)

// VIDEO //

• Platform =  253 videos
  • Category = 5 videos

// INFORMATION //

• 16:9 format
  • HD resolution : 1920x1080px
  • MP4 format - H264 Codec - AAC audio - most with 30fps
  • EmuMovie or community video integration, unless not available, I created myself the games loop.

Arcade.jpg

// INSTRUCTION //

There is 2 way to download my videos :

Way 1 : The easy one

• In LaunchBox, go to "tools > Download platform video theme"
  • Select "Viking's Nostalgia (16x9)"
  • Clic "OK"

Way 2 : By hand

• Download files here one by one and copy into :    ... / LauchBox / Themes / <theme name> / Videos / Platforms / ...
  • Rename the videos exactly as the name of the desired platform in LaunchBox.
  • Launch BigBox

// PREVIEW //

Super Nintendo Entertainment System EUR.jpgSega Master System.jpgNintendo Wii.jpg

What's New in Version 1.2.6   See changelog

Released

• add +7 new games platform
  • Like 46
  • Thanks 16
  • Game On 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

DazStelfox79

8 of 9 members found this review helpful 8 / 9 members

These platform videos are getting very interesting and look fantastic in my Big Box setup. Could you possibly update the Commodore 64 video with the Tape Deck. Also I know these may be different from other platforms but I would really love to have videos for KODI and the XBOX App for Windows 10, Some pics for reference are attached. Many Thanks.  

Commodore 64 with Tape Deck.jpg

Kodi Devices.jpg

Windows 10 XBOX App.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to review
Dkj214

6 of 7 members found this review helpful 6 / 7 members

Best collection I've ever seen.  This gives a whole new enjoyment level to my arcade box.  Truly amazing work.
You are to be congratulated.

• Like 4
Link to review
Mospaedax

4 of 5 members found this review helpful 4 / 5 members

I love your work, and am using it. But i would like to sort my game by type (Shoot'em Up, Fight etc.), i want to use some of your work for basis, have you work this on after effect ? If this is the case can you share your source ?

• Like 3
Link to review
spycat

6 of 8 members found this review helpful 6 / 8 members

These are superbly designed and presented. In BigBox they really grab your attention while not cluttering up the screen. And I really like the inclusion of the vintage 8-bit systems. Hats off to you @viking

• Like 5
Link to review
steverae

3 of 4 members found this review helpful 3 / 4 members

Fantaastic set of video artwork - i used them to create a custom theme for Attractmode - i know this is not the place for AM comments but it shows that this content is cross platform.

This is truely a complete setup and looks beautiful, the most complete set of videos ive come across.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
Link to review
ResidentEvul13

3 of 4 members found this review helpful 3 / 4 members

Breath taking work mate! can't wait til I make time to design some!

• Like 5
Link to review
rand0m

2 of 3 members found this review helpful 2 / 3 members

Exceptionally well done platform set, Kudos to viking and others for putting all the effort. Includes almost every platform which is a huge plus!

Link to review
wolfbed

amazing work!

• Thanks 2
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 1
Link to review
rv1976dcfc

These look ace but i'm a bit of a noob and cant seem how to get them full screen, i've seen videos on youtube where they cover the full screen cant seem to get it to do it i've disabled all images etc, would be greatfull for some help but if not thanks for sharing anyway they're exactly what i wanted!!!!!

• Like 2
Link to review
Nyny77

3 of 6 members found this review helpful 3 / 6 members

Salut @viking ,

j'ai pas trouvé la PC Engine CD, est ce possible de la créer si tu as le temps ?

Merci a toi

• Like 2
Link to review
Anarcho

1 of 2 members found this review helpful 1 / 2 members

Incredible quality, made these the main video for every platform on the main selection menu, exceptional!

Link to review
Johnny T

2 of 5 members found this review helpful 2 / 5 members

What an amazing collection! These are brilliant and have really helped the look of my BigBox. I can't thank you enough for the time and effort you've put in to creating these. You're an absolute star!!! :)

Link to review
BiRaitBec

1 of 3 members found this review helpful 1 / 3 members

Great videos, now overtaken in quality and style by colorful, but they were part of many themes back then.

Unlucky the Arcades felt a bit anonymous compared to the rest, and i personally prefer the 4x3 ones in terms of proportions and centering of the system, but this started it all.

Thanks!

• Haha 1
Link to review