LaunchBox Community Forums

CoinOps Redux 1.0.5

(4 reviews)

30 Screenshots

About This File

What is it?

CoinOps Redux is a port of CoinOps Next to BigBox, co-created with @Klopjero.

The theme has been developed using the Community Theme Creator (all the credit to @y2guru) and should display correctly in both 16:9 and 4:3 ratios.

As in the case of CoinOps, it relies on 1120x1080 fanart images for game wheel views.

Big thanks to BritneysPAIRS and the CoinOps team for their work in CoinOps and for their amazing theme design.

Views

It includes the following BigBox views:

- 4 platform views.

- 2 game wheels for arcade based systems.

- 2 game wheels for non-arcade based systems.

- 2 horizontal game wheels.

- Systems view.

Supporting more than 130 systems.

For platform views, we suggest to use @viking colorful videos.

Files available

[CoinOps Redux 1.0.zip] The BigBox theme files. Just uncompress and copy / paste to Launchbox\Themes folder. All platform background images are included in the file.

[Platforms] Sets of fanart images (1120x1080) for several platforms. If you want to use them, just unzip and copy / paste to Launchbox\Images\[Platform]\Fanart - Background.

* It is also possible to use the fanart packs uploaded by @RedSnake for his DarkRoom theme (or use these in DarkRoom).

Showcase

What's New in Version 1.0.5   See changelog

Released

Updated using the latest version of the theme creator, solving the freezing issue. Thanks to @y2guru for this.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5
  • The Cake is a Lie 1
  • Unusual Gem 3

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Nyny77

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Very great work ! Huge

• Thanks 2
Link to review
Sath

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

At the moment, imho, is by far the best solution for Arcade.

I love this theme, and with game specific cabinet it could be perfect. I only like to remove the glowing marquee, or at least have an option view without it.

5 star

• Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1
Link to review
Foggy58

My current fav for my MAME only machine.  Only thing I wish it had was either a pointer for the current game chosen, or the current game's clear logo to be larger on the wheel when selected.   But that's a minor nitpick, it's freaking outstanding.

Link to review