LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Details 2.3

(7 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

The newest version of this theme requires version 13.4, or higher.

Big Details is a new theme that reimagines what the LaunchBox interface can be. Every piece of the interface has been tweaked and adjusted to provide a smooth and modern experience with subtle animations across the theme. The main highlight is the transition to a banner-type horizontal Game Details view.

There's a lot to unbundle in this one, and any potential theme developers are welcome to take a peak into the code to get inspiration.

Some features of this theme include:

• Banner style game details view with 
  • Uniform Image Grid View with rounded corners and vertically aligned images
  • New controls pop-up that houses the music controls, and image and volume sliders
  • Redesigned top menu bar
  • Dynamic Play button with multiple version support, and states for: Play, Install, Unavailable

LaunchBox_lNum5uuCgI.thumb.jpg.8d1c05e691938887e3a325238973799d.jpg

What's New in Version 2.3   See changelog

Released

• Enhanced play button functionality now includes comprehensive storefront management features, such as install, uninstall, and upgrade support
  • The game image within the image grid now offers animated visual feedback during the installation, uninstallation, or upgrade of storefront games
  • The Advanced Search Options box will now close when your mouse is no longer over the search bar or the pop-up
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 8
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 12

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

19 hours ago, faeran said:

You could add the platform clear logo image binding to the stackpanel in the top right, or replace the badges with it.

The list grid is one of those things that themes don't have control over really. LaunchBox doesn't currently save the width information for the columns, which would need to happen for any themes to be able to utilize them. With Big Details I tried to counteract this by setting the size of the entire list to the available width, then users could remove the unnecessary column headers they don't want to see until the grid is in a more manageable state. This does stop columns from auto-changing columns as you navigate through it, but it does reduce the amount of columns you can see in this view. Saving grid column size is a program level thing that would need to happen, and while it's on the list to take a look at, it's never been able to take the priority over other areas of LaunchBox.

Turns out I could set an initial width for columns, thanks for the quick reply.

Is there anyway to get rid of the 3-d Boxes that show up on the side of the game details now? This is by far my favorite theme but I find the 3-d box thing annoying personally. Thanks for all your amazing work!

13 hours ago, norman_6 said:

Is there anyway to get rid of the 3-d Boxes that show up on the side of the game details now? This is by far my favorite theme but I find the 3-d box thing annoying personally. Thanks for all your amazing work!

You would have to create a custom theme and remove that part of the code from the Game Details View file.

It's possible in the future I could create theme specific settings for a few things like this, but it would be a ton of time and work, so not sure when I would ever be able to get around to something like that.

Amazing theme! Great work

I have a quick quetion. Can I edit the theme somehow so that when you select 'All' platform, you can see the details (like Last Played, Most PLayed, Random game, total games, total game play...). If you apply any kind of filter (for example installed, completed, etc...), the All option shows this information, but not if you have you sideview filtered by platforms.

Also, maybe I'm just blind, but can find how to see the game manual.

Thanks

And again, great theme

On 3/5/2023 at 10:47 AM, SolarisSpell said:

Amazing theme! Great work

I have a quick quetion. Can I edit the theme somehow so that when you select 'All' platform, you can see the details (like Last Played, Most PLayed, Random game, total games, total game play...). If you apply any kind of filter (for example installed, completed, etc...), the All option shows this information, but not if you have you sideview filtered by platforms.

Also, maybe I'm just blind, but can find how to see the game manual.

Thanks

And again, great theme

Thanks. I think that's just more in the way that LaunchBox works, and less about this particular theme. You can check this by changing to the default theme and seeing if it has the functionality or not.

You can right click any game and go into Media > View Manual. I may add manuals and other docs to appear in the Game Details panel in a future update, but as it is right now, it currently does not.

On 3/6/2023 at 5:03 PM, faeran said:

Thanks. I think that's just more in the way that LaunchBox works, and less about this particular theme. You can check this by changing to the default theme and seeing if it has the functionality or not.

You can right click any game and go into Media > View Manual. I may add manuals and other docs to appear in the Game Details panel in a future update, but as it is right now, it currently does not.

Thanks for the answer :)

Love this theme, it's sleek and beautiful! Is there any way to lock the Overview screen to always show when switching games instead of returning to Home? I imagine that's a Launchbox thing and not controllable by the skin, if even at all?

2 hours ago, AutomaticMidnite said:

Love this theme, it's sleek and beautiful! Is there any way to lock the Overview screen to always show when switching games instead of returning to Home? I imagine that's a Launchbox thing and not controllable by the skin, if even at all?

Yeah, that wouldn't really be possible without making your own custom theme changes to the theme.

If you wanted to take a crack at it, let me know and I can try and point you in the right direction.

• Thanks 1

Great theme. Very small issue I wanted to report (I attempted to report it to Launchbox, but they refused it and kicked it here).

Edit: Original GIF waaaay too big. Downscaled. Also, if not clear from the image, there's a chance for the mouse to grab the divider through the model, messing up your perfectly aligned environment. Only an issue at scale, like when you run several launchbox environments for your friends.

interaction_layer_issue.gif

Edited by stellinator

4 minutes ago, stellinator said:

Great theme. Very small issue I wanted to report (I attempted to report it to Launchbox, but they refused it and kicked it here).

Edit: Original GIF waaaay too big. Downscaled.

interaction_layer_issue.gif

Thanks, yeah. This is definitely a theme specific issue, so it's good to see it here.

At the moment, I'm not entirely sure if I can do anything about it, but at some point I'll have a look.

I was using the oldere version so i went to update.....i dragged and replaced and cant Get LB to not crash. Only starts when i delete the theme

11 hours ago, dsnyd22 said:

I was using the oldere version so i went to update.....i dragged and replaced and cant Get LB to not crash. Only starts when i delete the theme

Yes, sorry. This new update can only be used on the current beta.

@faeran Running last Big Details and Launchbox beta releases . LB freeze everytime I click to pop out details panel or a game (no error). Surprisingly, It works when I pop out a system details panel.

I tried defaut theme and function works. Any idea? Thanks!

6 hours ago, faeran said:

Yes, sorry. This new update can only be used on the current beta.

no problem thanks. 

6 hours ago, kobaturtle said:

@faeran Running last Big Details and Launchbox beta releases . LB freeze everytime I click to pop out details panel or a game (no error). Surprisingly, It works when I pop out a system details panel.

I tried defaut theme and function works. Any idea? Thanks!

Can you try this Game Details file. swap it out under:

LaunchBox\LBThemes\Big Details\Views

GameDetailsView.xaml

Let me know if it's working any better for you.

Did the 3D Box pop-out in the Game Details get removed from the theme? That was the main reason why I picked this theme and it doesn't show up anymore :(

11 minutes ago, sammaxton said:

Did the 3D Box pop-out in the Game Details get removed from the theme? That was the main reason why I picked this theme and it doesn't show up anymore :(

No, it's still there.

12 minutes ago, kobaturtle said:

still crashing. I checked LB logs and nothing revelant

6 minutes ago, sammaxton said:

I am having the same issue. I tried replacing the file, but it still locks up when clicking the pop-out button.

Here's another to try:

GameDetailsView.xaml

1 hour ago, sammaxton said:

Hmm is a setting that would turn the 3D boxes off?

Yes, it's under Options > Visuals > Game Details > Show 3D Model

1 hour ago, sammaxton said:

This one fixed it for me :)

Good deal. Thanks for helping test things. I'll make the changes to the official theme as well shortly.