LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Details

View File

The newest version of this theme requires version 13.4, or higher.

Big Details is a new theme that reimagines what the LaunchBox interface can be. Every piece of the interface has been tweaked and adjusted to provide a smooth and modern experience with subtle animations across the theme. The main highlight is the transition to a banner-type horizontal Game Details view.

There's a lot to unbundle in this one, and any potential theme developers are welcome to take a peak into the code to get inspiration.

Some features of this theme include:

• Banner style game details view with 
  • Uniform Image Grid View with rounded corners and vertically aligned images
  • New controls pop-up that houses the music controls, and image and volume sliders
  • Redesigned top menu bar
  • Dynamic Play button with multiple version support, and states for: Play, Install, Unavailable

LaunchBox_lNum5uuCgI.thumb.jpg.8d1c05e691938887e3a325238973799d.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 2

16 minutes ago, leocmp said:

Hello faeran, I didn't know you had made a theme with icon support "Default Plus", it was very good !!! Would you like to put icon support in this theme?

I probably won't be doing that, however, anyone could add that piece of code into this theme if they wish. You could also get away with copying the SideBarView.xaml of Default Plus and adding it into Big Details.

58 minutes ago, NarNar said:

Hello Faeran, thanks for the theme! Is there a way to reduce the game details section? It occupies over half of the screen size for me.

Capturar.PNG

It's not something I added in, but could potentially in the future. It's a little tricky as it encompasses a lot of content in there, so it can't get too small.

What resolution monitor are you using?

1 hour ago, faeran said:

It's not something I added in, but could potentially in the future. It's a little tricky as it encompasses a lot of content in there, so it can't get too small.

What resolution monitor are you using?

That would be an awesome feature. With a theme like this I may very well just port my PC collection from Playnite to LaunchBox.
To answer your question, my resolution is 1920x1080 and attached is a better image of how the layout looks like.

launchbox.PNG.png

22 minutes ago, xXROSSXx said:

Did try to re enable Game Details under >View > Show/Hide but the label is still on side not on top. 

Do I need to do something else or missed?

image.thumb.png.8c8fbfe95aaaa73176419d95eff0379b.png

Yes, you are not in the correct theme. You need to change the LB Theme.

>Tools >Options >Main Window Theme and select the correct theme.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Yes, you are not in the correct theme. You need to change the LB Theme.

>Tools >Options >Main Window Theme and select the correct theme.

Hi Retro808,

Thank you for the quick response. It is working now! realize that when I unzip the file, there's another sub folder (which is the main theme). 

Really like the theme!! ❤️

Excellent theme! One issue I've noticed is that games in certain platforms won't play music when I click on them, whereas when I have the default Launchbox theme enabled, the music plays. Strangely it isn't universal across all platforms, as the games in my Xbox section will play the music, however my PlayStation 1 or 2 games won't. 

On 3/5/2022 at 1:36 PM, helloiamjack said:

Excellent theme! One issue I've noticed is that games in certain platforms won't play music when I click on them, whereas when I have the default Launchbox theme enabled, the music plays. Strangely it isn't universal across all platforms, as the games in my Xbox section will play the music, however my PlayStation 1 or 2 games won't. 

Scrap that, having restarted Launchbox a few times a couple of days later, and switched back and forth from Big Details to the default theme and back again, now all music is playing correctly! I have a question though - is it possible at all to be able to set a 'banner' type image for a playlist in your theme? Thanks, and again I can't stress this enough, thank you for the great work!

On 3/3/2022 at 7:13 PM, NarNar said:

That would be an awesome feature. With a theme like this I may very well just port my PC collection from Playnite to LaunchBox.
To answer your question, my resolution is 1920x1080 and attached is a better image of how the layout looks like.

launchbox.PNG.png

I think I may have a solution, although it required me to restructure every element in Game Details to make it work.

21 hours ago, helloiamjack said:

Scrap that, having restarted Launchbox a few times a couple of days later, and switched back and forth from Big Details to the default theme and back again, now all music is playing correctly! I have a question though - is it possible at all to be able to set a 'banner' type image for a playlist in your theme? Thanks, and again I can't stress this enough, thank you for the great work!

Thanks @helloiamjack. What do you mean by banner type image for a playlist? Do you mean the Game Details background image? 

On 3/3/2022 at 7:13 PM, NarNar said:

launchbox.PNG.png

Just letting you know, Big Details 1.1 is now out, which has support for resizing the Game Details panel. It was a fairly large change, but should be working. There's a full changelog on its file change.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, faeran said:

Just letting you know, Big Details 1.1 is now out, which has support for resizing the Game Details panel. It was a fairly large change, but should be working. There's a full changelog on its file change.

Thank you for the update! It looks absolutely perfect now and I didn't have to change anything.

Capturar.PNG.thumb.png.e1702737d7010d91e7215669faf885c5.png

On 3/7/2022 at 4:05 PM, faeran said:

I think I may have a solution, although it required me to restructure every element in Game Details to make it work.

Thanks @helloiamjack. What do you mean by banner type image for a playlist? Do you mean the Game Details background image? 

image.thumb.png.8020af314d0869562e5558de8d371c6e.png

Thanks for the reply,  sorry I didn't make it clearer! I was just wondering if when switching from Platform to Playlist, whether the big 'game details' banner usually is (the main image above all the games in my attached pic, the one with the launchbox cube against a background), perhaps it is possible to set our own custom Playlist 'cover'? I'd love to select my Zelda playlist and have my own custom Zelda 'cover image'. Of course once you'd click on a game in your Playlist it'd then display that game's individual games detail image etc, but a general playlist cover that appears when you select a new playlist would be awesome. I'd imagine that's not possible, but I thought I'd ask in case you knew of a way!

Just now, helloiamjack said:

image.thumb.png.8020af314d0869562e5558de8d371c6e.png

Thanks for the reply,  sorry I didn't make it clearer! I was just wondering if when switching from Platform to Playlist, whether the big 'game details' banner usually is (the main image above all the games in my attached pic, the one with the launchbox cube against a background), perhaps it is possible to set our own custom Playlist 'cover'? I'd love to select my Zelda playlist and have my own custom Zelda 'cover image'. Of course once you'd click on a game in your Playlist it'd then display that game's individual games detail image etc, but a general playlist cover that appears when you select a new playlist would be awesome. I'd imagine that's not possible, but I thought I'd ask in case you knew of a way!

There's no current way to display platform or playlist images in LaunchBox, although that's something that would be nice to have.

• Like 1

Hi @faeran, great theme, love using it. One quirk I have with it is that the size of the box art doesn't seem to get saved when I restart Launchbox. I'm working on 800p resolution so the standard picture sizes are too small. I always have to resize them manually each time I start the app. Any ideas what could be wrong here? Thanks in advance!