LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Details 2.24

(7 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

The newest version of this theme requires version 13.4, or higher.

Big Details is a new theme that reimagines what the LaunchBox interface can be. Every piece of the interface has been tweaked and adjusted to provide a smooth and modern experience with subtle animations across the theme. The main highlight is the transition to a banner-type horizontal Game Details view.

There's a lot to unbundle in this one, and any potential theme developers are welcome to take a peak into the code to get inspiration.

Some features of this theme include:

• Banner style game details view with 
  • Uniform Image Grid View with rounded corners and vertically aligned images
  • New controls pop-up that houses the music controls, and image and volume sliders
  • Redesigned top menu bar
  • Dynamic Play button with multiple version support, and states for: Play, Install, Unavailable

LaunchBox_lNum5uuCgI.thumb.jpg.8d1c05e691938887e3a325238973799d.jpg

What's New in Version 2.24   See changelog

Released

• The advanced search hint popup has been added
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 8
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 11

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Rincewind

5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Modern, Beautiful and really easy to navigate around. Every single element has been thought about from both the users perspective and a design concept. This really is an amazing achievement @faeran. Oh and I'm definitely going to add that fancy "Play" button to my theme :)    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to review
mturner7415

· Edited by mturner7415

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Hi - Thanks for putting this together!  Unfortunately, the game image and play button briefly appear and then disappear for me, leaving a blank background.  See video for explanation.  Any ideas on this?

I don't have any videos downloaded for the games and may not have the correct images downloaded either, but couldn't find any guidance.

EDIT: Turning on game details (View > Show/Hide > Game Details fixed the trick.  It also appears to display the image labeled Fan Art - BoxArt (something to that effect) in the header portion which took me a minute to figure out as I only have pictures of boxes, gameplay and start screens.

Response from the author:

Do you have Game Details turned off? under View > Show/Hide > Game Details

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Jason Carr

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I'm biased, but this is a game changer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Game On 1
Link to review
Potwizz

Love it!

But is there a way to not display text titles underneath the boxes?

You would have to dive into the code and remove the code from the view itself.

Link to review
PixelDragon

Great theme.
I use the v1.7, and I have just one problem : The badges doesn't appear properly.
Any idea how to fix it ?

image.png

Thanks. Although, I'm unable to reproduce this at all. I'm assuming you used the Manage Themes system to upgrade to 1.7. Can you think of any interesting settings that you may have set in Windows or LaunchBox?

Link to review
fromlostdays

· Edited by fromlostdays

My new favorite! I love the way all the details are nested but easily accessible. Is there a way to manually adjust the background size? I play on a big 4k TV and have to use high dpi scaling. It causes the background picture to take up too much space at the top. Niche issue though and awesome theme!

Edit: Don't go through all that trouble if it isn't something you planned on for the theme. I'll deal haha. But if you ever need me to test or anything like that, let me know. I'm not fluent in the content creation side of LB, but I'm quite well versed in the user experience side. :)

Thanks. In the next update, I'll have the ability to resize the Game Details bar. However, I had to restructure every element to make it happen, so there's a lot of testing that will need to be done.

• Like 1
Link to review
Retro808

@Gamer1000 As long as you have videos for your games and have video playback set in your LB settings you just need to click the "picture" icon on the bottom left side of the fanart image. The button to the right of the one with the "house" logo.

5-star rating for new evolution of LB themes.

• Thanks 1
Link to review