LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Details 2.3

(7 reviews)

3 Screenshots

About This File

The newest version of this theme requires version 13.4, or higher.

Big Details is a new theme that reimagines what the LaunchBox interface can be. Every piece of the interface has been tweaked and adjusted to provide a smooth and modern experience with subtle animations across the theme. The main highlight is the transition to a banner-type horizontal Game Details view.

There's a lot to unbundle in this one, and any potential theme developers are welcome to take a peak into the code to get inspiration.

Some features of this theme include:

• Banner style game details view with 
  • Uniform Image Grid View with rounded corners and vertically aligned images
  • New controls pop-up that houses the music controls, and image and volume sliders
  • Redesigned top menu bar
  • Dynamic Play button with multiple version support, and states for: Play, Install, Unavailable

LaunchBox_lNum5uuCgI.thumb.jpg.8d1c05e691938887e3a325238973799d.jpg

What's New in Version 2.3   See changelog

Released

• Enhanced play button functionality now includes comprehensive storefront management features, such as install, uninstall, and upgrade support
  • The game image within the image grid now offers animated visual feedback during the installation, uninstallation, or upgrade of storefront games
  • The Advanced Search Options box will now close when your mouse is no longer over the search bar or the pop-up
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 8
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 12

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, kobaturtle said:

@faeran also noticed that poped out system panel randomly uses clear logo rather than fanart as background

It does not occur with game panel

systempanel.png

If I had to guess it's something to do with your image priorities. I would go into your options and see if any image groups are amiss.

40 minutes ago, kobaturtle said:

that was my first guess so I restored default image priorities. Same behavior

I think I know what it is. I'm using a different background binding that may be tied to settings in Big Box. In Big Box go to Options > Images > and make sure to turn off the options:

• Use Platform Device Image Backgrounds
  • Use Platform Clear Logo Backgrounds
  • Thanks 1

Hi again

I'm trying to edit some themes (I use desktop version with my laptop and BigBox with SteamDeck) but I don't really know how to program, so I'm just messing around.

Right now, I have edited the PlatformFiltersDetails to change the sizes of last played game, but there is an empty space I don't know how to edit:

image.thumb.png.91614cdf5f9bb48823fe6352e091d35b.png

Below The platform clear logo and above lastplayed/mostplayed/random there is some space I would like to be filled with the clear logo, so it shows bigger

Does anyone know which value should I change?

Whatever I change it affects everything and that space in between does not change

Thanks

EDIT:

There's probably a cleaner way thay what I've done, but it works

image.png.0eb33544a47b7b65272e451c22cbad26.png

Edited by SolarisSpell

Love this theme so far, but I'm having a problem with it displaying Videos. They are downloaded as I have checked the game media, but I cant seem to find them anywhere in the details section. Is there something I need to enable?

On 6/17/2023 at 2:24 PM, Biffaboy said:

Love this theme so far, but I'm having a problem with it displaying Videos. They are downloaded as I have checked the game media, but I cant seem to find them anywhere in the details section. Is there something I need to enable?

Nothing much different than other themes. They would show up in the media carousel when you press the media button.

You could potentially have videos turned off. Go into Tools > Options > Visuals > Game Details and make sure Show Videos is turned on.

• Thanks 1

Is there a way to offset the background image by a certain percentage upward?  Usually the most important part of an image is always about 1/3 from the top (rule of thirds); not the direct top, middle, or bottom.

13 hours ago, zombob said:

Is there a way to offset the background image by a certain percentage upward?  Usually the most important part of an image is always about 1/3 from the top (rule of thirds); not the direct top, middle, or bottom.

Yeah maybe. I'll give it a shot. I did play with the different alignments before, but it really made no difference in where that background image was placed. It was always equally as bad (or good depending on how you want to look at it) across a user's library on average.

I'll give it a shot though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, faeran said:

Yeah maybe. I'll give it a shot. I did play with the different alignments before, but it really made no difference in where that background image was placed. It was always equally as bad (or good depending on how you want to look at it) across a user's library on average.

I'll give it a shot though.

For 1080p monitor you would want to crop between 150 - 180 lines off the top.