LaunchBox Community Forums

3-DIMENSIONS 1.02

(2 reviews)

9 Screenshots

About This File

A showcase of the new 3-D Box Models in Big Box. This theme contains 8 game views, each with its own unique 3-D box model wheel layout.

This theme can be utilized by theme developers as a way to learn how the new FlowModel works within and without a FlowControl. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask within the comments section of this file.

What's New in Version 1.02   See changelog

Released

• Slight adjustments to the Selected Item's angle in both Vertical Wheel View 1 and Wall View 1
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 6

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 12/8/2022 at 8:13 AM, faeran said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I probably wont have time to circle back to this theme for a while, but I've noted it down.

This theme currently can't be created in the current version the CTC, but I think when 2.5 comes out you probably could do most of what's being done here. Making edits to the theme's code is an option here for anyone feeling adventurous.

Understood. Still enjoying the view regardless.

Looking forward to 2.5 then.

First of all, amazing work. I have an issue where my spines are clear logos. I have spines and full boxes. Any help or guidance to get spines instead of clear logos would be greatly appreciated.

13 hours ago, JAH3600 said:

First of all, amazing work. I have an issue where my spines are clear logos. I have spines and full boxes. Any help or guidance to get spines instead of clear logos would be greatly appreciated.

First thing to understand is that a theme can't control this, so it would be a user setting that is determining this for you.

In LaunchBox, edit the platform and go into 3D Model Settings to see if you have the override default settings turned on. Here, you can get a preview of how your boxes are going to look, which will determine how they show up in this theme.

Thank you for the response. I realized after messing around. Emu movies and Launchbox DB downloader does not have GameCube spines available. I was so focused on GameCube that I didn't realize they were there for other platforms. 

• Like 1

Sad nobody has not made any more of these yet, I am interested to see it all working at once with clear logos, video, rotating box art and cart/disc art etc , I would try myself but sadly this is way above my understanding, hopefully one day it will be added to the Theme Creator.

54 minutes ago, davemk said:

Sad nobody has not made any more of these yet, I am interested to see it all working at once with clear logos, video, rotating box art and cart/disc art etc , I would try myself but sadly this is way above my understanding, hopefully one day it will be added to the Theme Creator.

You have a small example here with what I did with a view of a sonic collection; I think I had to release the full range of media: cart, clear logo disc, background, the whole thing... It will give you a good overview, I think!

For the rest I take care of the restoration of the mega drive (spine, front and back ) the rendering is cool :) I imagine that the gamecube will follow very quickly too ! Maybe @PaulyCis already on the spot ;)

Sonic The Hedgehog.pngSonic The Hedgehog.jpg

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM

1 hour ago, PaDeMoNiuM said:

You have a small example here with what I did with a view of a sonic collection; I think I had to release the full range of media: cart, clear logo disc, background, the whole thing... It will give you a good overview, I think!

For the rest I take care of the restoration of the mega drive (spine, front and back ) the rendering is cool :) I imagine that the gamecube will follow very quickly too ! Maybe @PaulyCis already on the spot ;)

This is fantastic, I love the video behind and the spinning discart works very well with the 3d boxart! (thought this may have been an issue), hope to see more like this soon bravo! 👏

2 hours ago, davemk said:

I'm surprised their isn't more as well.  I love these 3D models and am trying to get them in the theme I have been making but am not getting very far (as you have to add xaml and i have no idea). 

And the same as you, i also hope one day in CTC we can add them easily without having to have them in the wheel. 

2 hours ago, PaDeMoNiuM said:

Nice work on the theme.

Are you creating the front, back and spines for the Mega drive?  I couldn't find any scans to do them.  Thinking about it i'm sure emumovies already had them so i didn't look very hard for them   

The Gamecube however i have found around 290 mixed EU and US scans so will get them done over the weekend.

Edited by PaulyC
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, PaulyC said:

I'm surprised their isn't more as well.  I love these 3D models and am trying to get them in the theme I have been making but am not getting very far (as you have to add xaml and i have no idea). 

And the same as you, i also hope one day in CTC we can add them easily without having to have them in the wheel. 

Nice work on the theme.

Are you creating the front, back and spines for the Mega drive?  I couldn't find any scans to do them.  Thinking about it i'm sure emumovies already had them so i didn't look very hard for them   

The Gamecube however i have found around 290 mixed EU and US scans so will get them done over the weekend.

Yes for the mega drive it's complicated (but not impossible) it comes from the fact that it speculates a lot; good quality jackets are rare (some do not hesitate to sell them anyway) there is a whole parallel market on box reproduction, it's even worse on super nintendo. Yes I do the front, the back and the spine, 4k resolution but I would settle for a best set (about 40 titles)
I take this opportunity to thank you for your different shares!👍 Very useful!

Edited by PaDeMoNiuM

35 minutes ago, PaDeMoNiuM said:

Yes for the mega drive it's complicated (but not impossible) it comes from the fact that it speculates a lot; good quality jackets are rare (some do not hesitate to sell them anyway) there is a whole parallel market on box reproduction, it's even worse on super nintendo. Yes I do the front, the back and the spine, 4k resolution but I would settle for a best set (about 40 titles)
I take this opportunity to thank you for your different shares!👍 Very useful!

No problem.   

I didn't realise there was another world regarding box reproduction as you say its really hard getting good quality covers for older systems. 

I'd love to have your Mega drive ones as well when your done 👍

Dear faeran,

My new favorite theme, thank you.

Would like to request A N64 rotation fix all my boxs post as vertical not just the japan ones.

you do beautiful and fantastic fantastic work.

B safe.

12 hours ago, djweevil666 said:

Dear faeran,

My new favorite theme, thank you.

Would like to request A N64 rotation fix all my boxs post as vertical not just the japan ones.

you do beautiful and fantastic fantastic work.

B safe.

Sounds like your spine images are facing the wrong way. They should be horizontal for that system, not vertical.

On 12/8/2022 at 9:13 AM, faeran said:

This theme currently can't be created in the current version the CTC, but I think when 2.5 comes out you probably could do most of what's being done here.

Hello, sir. I am loving this theme but I have a few changes I'd like to make such as swapping the video with the screenshot. I'd also like to make a few other personal tweaks, would you be willing to provide the source files, please?

3 minutes ago, Knowcontrol said:

Hello, sir. I am loving this theme but I have a few changes I'd like to make such as swapping the video with the screenshot. I'd also like to make a few other personal tweaks, would you be willing to provide the source files, please?

You have them already. This theme was handmade and the source files ARE the xaml files. This theme wasn't made with the CTC so there are no project files to give for it.

• Thanks 1