LaunchBox Community Forums

VisioN 1.1

(5 reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

A stylish, background heavy focused theme with inspiration from the unreleased Aura 4k theme by iGarikoitz. The theme itself uses your clear logo images, fanart - background images, screenshot images, and game video snaps to create this completed theme. There is a number of white platform clear logos made by Dan Patrick and 100+ platform/playlist/category backgrounds are included that I have curated with the ability to add your own. This theme will gracefully fall back to different images to make sure something is always displayed.

Requirements

• LaunchBox must be on version 13.1 or higher (or you'll get errors)
  • Theme is made for a 16:9 aspect ratio

Views

• Platform Wheel 1 - The main platform wheel for this theme
  • Text Filters View - Used primarily when viewing other filter sections
  • Horizontal Wheel 1 - The main game view for this theme
  • Horizontal Wheel 2 - An alternate game view that uses your screenshots and video snaps
  • Text Games View - Mostly used for the Game Details Menu view, but could be used as a game view

Things to Note

• 100+ Platform Backgrounds have been included in this theme. You can include your own by placing them in the following folders (The file name needs to match the name of your platform, category, or playlist):
    • Platform Images: LAUNCHBOX\Themes\VisioN\Images\Platforms\Fanart
    • Category Images: LAUNCHBOX\Themes\VisioN\Images\Platform Categories\Fanart
    • Playlist Images: LAUNCHBOX\Themes\VisioN\Images\Playlists\Fanart
  • White Platform Clear Logos have been included by Dan Patrick. You can add your own by placing them into the following folders (The file name needs to match the name of your platform, category, or playlist):
    • Platform Images: LAUNCHBOX\Themes\VisioN\Images\Platforms\Clear Logo
    • Category Images: LAUNCHBOX\Themes\VisioN\Images\Platform Categories\Clear Logo
    • Playlist Images: LAUNCHBOX\Themes\VisioN\Images\Playlists\Clear Logo
  • You can add your own Game Backgrounds that are specific to this theme. You can place them into the following folder (file name must either be based on the game's title, replacing special characters, or named after the LaunchBox Game ID. Check folder for some examples.)
    • LAUNCHBOX\Themes\VisioN\Images\Games\Game Background\[platform name]

For Theme Developers
There are a number of features in this theme that have never been done before. You can examine the code to learn the following:

• Use of a progress bar with the game count bindings that provides dynamic visual feedback of where you are in your game list as you are navigating around
  • Use of the Index Visibility binding to provide animation triggers. This allows you to provide smooth animations to any element when opening and closing the alpha-numeric index
  • The use of FlowImage (and its bindings) to provide performant image fallbacks. Using FlowImage over an Image element increases performance by loading images in an off-thread, provides better disposal logic, and doesn't lock the file that is located on the hard drive.
  • The use of an item offset converter, which allows you to display images (or metadata) for games that  are (+ or -) around the game or platform that is selected.

Thanks to
Dan Patrick - for use of his white clear logo pack
iGarikoitz - for the initial concept inspiration for this theme

What's New in Version 1.1   See changelog

Released

• A video has been added to the text game's view
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Game On 2
  • Unusual Gem 10

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Dan Patrick

3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A pleasant surprise of a theme. Nice little attentions to detail here. Definitely try this one out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to review
duerra

@faeran blessed me with a version of this theme that includes video playback support on the text list view, and I could not be any more grateful.  This is an undeniably gorgeous theme, and it's now my default theme.  It is truly a work of art.

• Like 2
Link to review
bundangdon

· Edited by bundangdon

Fantastic theme and definitely one of your best @faeran Just needs snapshots/videos implemented (instead of fanart) and it would be perfect. What would also be nice is the ability to replace the Default_Background artwork with the platform fanart. You can do this in the filters view but not in the textlistview for example. Great work as always though!

Link to review
dafungus

Absolutely fantastic! After applying your theme, I cannot enVisioN my setup any different.

• Thanks 1
Link to review
Fry

Another beautifully crafted theme. You did a wonderful job with this, I love the look and feel. The progress bars are really cool. Well done!

• Thanks 1
Link to review