LaunchBox Community Forums

View game specific commands from MAME's command.dat 1.0.0

(1 review)

1 Screenshot

About This File

Inspired from MAME's built in feature in the main UI (and via their in-game Tab menu) and Ben Baker's CPWizard.

image.thumb.png.58be104ffe17c55204dd984510c4aa04.png

View information from MAME's command.dat to show:
    CONTROLS
    CHEATS
    HOW TO PLAY
    COMMON COMMANDS
    SECRET CHARACTERS

Included in the plugin is a "MAME Command" Custom Badge (LaunchBox Only [unless someone figures out how to show Custom Badges in BigBox])
This will show the badge image.png.e73af7ef8b21d63e1fbeebca3de02b79.png for games included in command.dat

image.thumb.png.6b1fb2a3b922a5db9fd77746ec19dae9.png

Installing the plugin

1. Download and open the file using 7zip.
    • if you don't use 7zip, first unblock the file (Right click, select Properties, and click Unblock) then open it as you normally would.
  2. Extract the main folder from inside the zip file into ..\LaunchBox\Plugins\
    •     i.e.  D:\LaunchBox\Plugins\MAMEConmmandDat\ 
    •     (the main folder "MAMEConmmandDat" and all its subfolders are required for the plugin to work!)
  3. Start LaunchBox or BigBox

Enabling the Custom Badge

In LaunchBox, click Badges, Plugin Badges, "MAME Command"
You can change the badges image by replacing the image ../LaunchBox/Images/Badges/MAMEcommands.png

Using the plugin
LaunchBox:  Right-click on a game and select MAME Commands.

BigBox:  In the Game Details screen, scroll to the bottom on the list and select MAME Commands.

To scroll through the page, use your keyboard Up/Down arrow keys, mouse wheel or your controller's left joystick (or DPad) Up/Down.

To close the window, press Escape, or on your controller press your mapped Exit Game (LaunchBox) or Close Active Window (BigBox) button(s).

image.thumb.png.3ec206f73d47c2f80307dc11e8fcc012.png

image.thumb.png.d1b15a20195cce552d6a8c0c6bd89b16.png

Version 0.262 of command.dat is included. Future updates can be found here: https://www.progettosnaps.net/command).  Just replace the existing file located in the plugins /Data/ subfolder.

As always, all thoughts, views, opinions, suggestions, comments and accolades are welcome. 😎

• Like 7
  • Unusual Gem 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Very very cool, I love your plugins. I will definitely use this often to see what I have to do with one or two lesser-known arcade games. Also great for fighting games 🥰

• Thanks 1
Link to review