LaunchBox Community Forums

Genesis State 0.5.7

(4 reviews)

6 Screenshots

About This File

Genesis State is the first of a couple themes I plan on producing specifically meant to emulate the feeling of the original game systems box art styles.

This theme is purely for use with the Sega Genesis emulators (you can use it for other systems but why would you?). It currently has one view for game play style videos.

Looking for some feedback and ideas on how to improve it. Let me know. I plan to add some more views based on feedback.

Thanks to @eatkinola for use of his Themer addon, I used it to create the random video background effect.

What's New in Version 0.5.7   See changelog

Released

• Added a 16:9 Game Art Horizontal view

Kind of a strange view, I am not 100% done itbut I think it should be serviceable for anyone looking for a view that does not use video. Its pretty unpolished (not all controls are implemented, no animations yet) .

There is an added custom control to put in some default art if the game does not have any. I meant to remove clear logos from the art it cycles through but have not completed that yet. 

This maybe my last update for a few weeks. When I have time to update I will add the following:

• Implement a text list view
  • Implement a very minimal view for slow systems
  • Create a super detailed view Box Art, Game Disk, More Text 
  • Implement # of player Icons (Art is done)
  • Implement updated community rating controls (if made available in API)
  • Implement Retro Achievements (if made available in API)
  • Spruce up views and animations

At that point the Theme will be done. From there I will create a Megadrive version and then look at extending the theme to other systems.

2018-01-07.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Rincewind

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Taken me a while to try this out but i'm so glad I did, it is a truly awesome theme 

Link to review
Nyny77

2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Awesome  ! very great work.

Snes soon ? :D

• Like 1
Link to review
Charles97

· Edited by Charles97

1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This is really good! Would love to see other consoles with this kind of theme!

Link to review