LaunchBox Community Forums

Hexxxer

Genesis State

View File

Genesis State is the first of a couple themes I plan on producing specifically meant to emulate the feeling of the original game systems box art styles.

This theme is purely for use with the Sega Genesis emulators (you can use it for other systems but why would you?). It currently has one view for game play style videos.

Looking for some feedback and ideas on how to improve it. Let me know. I plan to add some more views based on feedback.

Thanks to @eatkinola for use of his Themer addon, I used it to create the random video background effect.

I love the style of this theme @Hexxxer, I would really like to see this with the PAL Mega Drive colours and logos as well as one with the Japanese Mega Drive colours and logos. This is the type of theme I was hoping to see when the feature was put in to swap themes per platform, great job m8 ;)

Also a view for Game Theme Videos would be a great addition too :D

Edited by BlueArrowUK
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BlueArrowUK said:

I love the style of this theme @Hexxxer, I would really like to see this with the PAL Mega Drive colours and logos as well as one with the Japanese Mega Drive colours and logos. This is the type of theme I was hoping to see when the feature was put in to swap themes per platform, great job m8 ;)

Also a view for Game Theme Videos would be a great addition too :D

This was always the plan, should not take much to make some different colors. The Mega Drive font is actually already included in the download.

• Like 1

Updated again:

• Added a 16:9 video Horizontal view for Cinematic Style Videos
    • I don't have any additional background videos on this view yet, the other set looked funny when used in this view. I will probably create a few for the next release
    • This view has a reduced amount of info on screen compared with the other two views
  • I feel the view is a little too sparse, any suggestions would be appreciated

• Added a 16:9 Game Art Horizontal view

Kind of a strange view, I am not 100% done itbut I think it should be serviceable for anyone looking for a view that does not use video. Its pretty unpolished (not all controls are implemented, no animations yet) .

There is an added custom control to put in some default art if the game does not have any. I meant to remove clear logos from the art it cycles through but have not completed that yet. 

This maybe my last update for a few weeks. When I have time to update I will add the following:

• Implement a text list view
  • Implement a very minimal view for slow systems
  • Create a super detailed view Box Art, Game Disk, More Text 
  • Implement # of player Icons (Art is done)
  • Implement updated community rating controls (if made available in API)
  • Implement Retro Achievements (if made available in API)
  • Spruce up views and animations

At that point the Theme will be done. From there I will create a Megadrive version and then look at extending the theme to other systems.

* I am reading comments (even if I dont respond often) and will consider them all as I progress on this theme

Edited by Hexxxer
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...