Files posted by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT
This is technically a version 2 of the playlist theme I did originally, but I made a different clear logo for this one, so uploading it separately. Apologies for the larger size, but I wanted to use the full length of the song.
Themes for Nintendo 3DS.
I have a couple of The Legend of Zelda 3DS themes here:
1. Metroid: Samus Returns
Decided to do some platform theme videos for computer systems. First up is Windows, but I have interest in making themes for Steam, Origin and GOG services (for those of you that separate them) as well as MSX computers (will probably do a single one, but represent multiple generations of it). Unless there is a big interest in it, I probably won't make themes for the Uplay or Battle.net services. I will also include my clear logos for Windows and MSX; keep all Steam, Origin, GOG, Battle.net, Uplay under Windows in my setup.
Tried to incorporate elements of Windows 7 and 10 into the theme (not sure there is a big user base for 8): Windows 7 Start Orb and startup sound and the default Windows 10 wallpaper (first time Microsoft ever released a default wallpaper I didn't immediately change for something else; actually used it for the first year after upgrading to it). And, yes, I am team green, so I specifically looked for a rig with Nvidia's GPUs represented, so apologies to AMD users.... Actually it was the first high res image I found.
This was requested a while back by @angelobodetti, so I finally got around to finishing it.
I've included a clear logo and banner image (just put the akira image in the banner folder in Virtua Fighter playlist folder, if you want to use it).
This was a request from @BlueArrowUK. I don't normally get these finished so quickly, but this was so much fun that I just spent the last 4 hours doing nothing but working on it and it all came together pretty nice I think.
Hope you all enjoy it.
I've also included a clear logo that I mocked up as well as a banner image. I like using pixel art for my playlist banners. I'm going to update the existing playlist vids with the pixel art I use for those, too. Just put Marvin in the Banner folder after making the playlist (Images\Playlists\Looney Tunes Collection\Banner) if you want to use it.
Playlist theme for The Legend of Zelda series. Hope you all like it!
Here it is, as promised @e2zippo
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your Zelda Playlist folder.
Playlist theme for the Metroid series
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your Metroid Playlist folder.
Playlist theme for the Mega Man series. This is a "catch-all" theme since I put all Mega Man games into one category, so it is good for Mega Man X, as well.
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your Mega Man Playlist folder.
Playlist theme for the Final Fantasy series.
@orac31 You can have it now
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your FF Playlist folder.
Theme for a Mario series playlist.
Similar to Mega Man, I put all Mario games into a single category; Mario Kart to Super Mario Bros. However, since some people might use separate playlists for things like Mario Kart, I put focus on featuring gameplay from the platformers in the series and didn't incorporate any art from non-platformers in the theme.
Hope you guys like it!
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your Mario Playlist folder.
Took a little bit, but here is a theme for a Fighter Classics playlist, This theme was requested by @igotdvds and the clear logo was also provided by him.
Hope you enjoy!
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your Fighter Classics Playlist folder.
Hey Guys & Gals - I decided to re-visit making a theme for a Hacks & Fan-Made platform/playlist category (I think this is technically 3.0 of the theme). This was the first video I made after first starting to use After Effects back in late January/early February. I'm still no pro, but I've been wanting to learn to use cameras and lights, so thought I'd try a little with this theme. Once I really get the hang of those things, I might try a really epic theme video with swooping camera angles and lots of 3D goodness, but that is probably a ways off.
In any case, hope you all enjoy the new theme! You can use the image used for the thread if you need a clear logo and, I've linked the original theme below, too. Hopefully I've made some progress in skill since doing it :
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your Hacks/Fan-made Playlist folder.
This is a Playlist theme intended to compliment @MetalVinnie's Playlist, logo and bezels he made recently. Hope you guys enjoy! Links to the Playlist/logo and Bezels are below:
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your NES Black Box Playlist folder.
Hope you all enjoy it! It was a toss up between the Juno Reactor's remix of Traci Lords's "Control" or Napalm Death's "Twist the Knife Slowly" from the original movie soundtrack. Decided on this one, but if someone would prefer the Napalm Death track, just let me know and I can upload a version with it, though I'd probably take out the gong sound effect and the two "Get over here" and "Fight" sound bites from that one.
@angelobodetti, Here it is!
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your MK Playlist folder.
Version 2 video below.
A Metal Slug playlist theme to compliment the playlists that @jchasa is putting together. The current XMLs are available here:
I also mocked up a couple of clear logos and those are availalbe here (just right-click the image and Save As):
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your Metal Slug Playlist folder.
This was requested by @BlueArrowUK. The filesize is a little bit large-ish (250MB), but it's also just over 4 minutes in length.
Hope you guys enjoy it!
Pixel art banner. Just put in the Banner folder in your Sonic Playlist folder.
This took a lot longer to finish than I anticipated, but here it is. I had to cut back on some of the ideas I had for this initially (largely due to lack of skill with the software), but I hope you guys like it. This was a special request from @heelsinc (sorry it took so long).
I was asked by someone commenting on my YouTube channel to do a playlist theme for the Shining Force series and I have one that I started for Virtua Fighter (by request) and one for Shmups, though I am primarily focusing on gameplay vids for PC and PS2 at the moment.
Moving on to the PlayStation. I'll be uploading themes for games in my collection (around 80ish). If you are looking for themes for any of the PlayStation Final Fantasy games, I have themes for all of those available here:
Just an FYI: I won't be uploading themes for Crash Bandicoot or most of the Mega Man games since @hevenik uploaded video themes for most all of these already. I have, however, modified the videos I'm using from his collections to be 16:9 (added a wallpaper with a blur to fill up the black space on the sides) and incorporated music from the game instead of sound effects of the game since this is what I prefer. If there is any interest in those, I will upload them here; just let me know. Otherwise, Hevenik has you covered for practically all Mega Man and Crash games. I will be doing a theme for Mega Man 8: Anniversary Collector's Edition since that is about the only thing not covered in his set.
1. The Adventure of Little Ralph
2. The Adventures of Lomax
4. Alundra 2: A New Legend Begins
5. Arc the Lad Collection
6. Blaster Master: Blasting Again
7. Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
8. Brave Fencer Musashi
9. Breath of Fire III
10. Breath of Fire IV
11. Bushido Blade (@SNAK3ATER)
12. Bushido Blade 2 (@SNAK3ATER)
13. Castlevania Chronicles
14. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
15. Chrono Cross
16. Contra: Legacy of War
17. Darkstone: Evil Reigns
18. Dino Crisis
19. Dino Crisis 2
20. Dragon Valor
21. Dragon Warrior VII
23. Fear Effect
24. Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix
25. Front Mission 3
26. Future Cop L.A.P.D.
28. Gradius Gaiden
30. Harmful Park
31. Heart of Darkness
33. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
35. The Legend of Dragoon
36. Legend of Legaia
38. Legend of Mana
40. Re-Loaded: The Hardcore Sequel
42. Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
43. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
45. MediEvil II
46. Metal Gear Solid (@SNAK3ATER)
47. Mortal Kombat Trilogy
48. Omega Boost
49. Parasite Eve
50. Parasite Eve II
51. The Raiden Project
52. Rapid Reload
53. RayCrisis: Series Termination
54. Resident Evil: Director's Cut
55. Resident Evil (Standard version)
56. Resident Evil 2
57. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
58. R-Type Delta
59. SaGa Frontier
60. SaGa Frontier 2
61. Silent Hill
63. Strider 2
64. Tales of Destiny
65. Intelligent Qube (this was a special request for @RetroHumanoid)
66. Tales of Destiny II
67. Thousand Arms
68. Threads of Fate
69. Vagrant Story
70. Valkyrie Profile
71. Vandal Hearts
72. Vandal Hearts II
73. Wild Arms
74. Wild Arms 2
77. Mortal Kombat Trilogy (version 2)
78. Pepsiman (@SNAK3ATER)
This wraps up themes for PlayStation, aside from any special requests that may come along. I'll either be doing PlayStation 2 next or filling in the holes I have for Super Nintendo; haven't decided. When I do get to Super Nintendo, those themes will be at 1440x1080 so they have a 4:3 aspect ratio since the majority of the themes I already have for that system are 4:3 (will make versions of the Final Fantasy SNES themes to match this too sine the ones I made before are 16:9).
I recently decided to try out PlayStation Now (since there is a free trial) and added it to my Launchbox/BigBox setup. This video is really just a placeholder for now. I haven't had much time to devote to larger video projects lately with work and looking for a new place/preparing to move, etc (not to mention getting pretty hooked on Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age the last couple of weeks - only a couple Trophies left!). I feel bad since I have started a couple other Playlist Themes for Wrestling and one for a Virtua Fighter Collection, but haven't been able to devote the time I would need to invest to getting them finished. I slapped this together for PlayStation Now (really wish you could add and launch applications from the top level, rather having to have them nested into a category, but alas). There is no gameplay featured or anything, but when I get more time I will flesh it out, so just consider it a hold over for now. I've also included what I am using for the Clear Logo, Box Front/Banner and Fanart - Background. Just click the images beneath the video and Save As.
Fanart - Background
I will upload themes for various indy/small studio games here.
1. Castle Crashers
2. Shovel Knight
3. Azure Striker Gunvolt
4. Breath of Death VII: The Beginning
5. Castle In The Darkness
6. Cthulhu Saves the World
7. Axiom Verge (Reupload. There was an issue with the gameplay video freezing at the 30 second mark)
8. Rise & Shine
9. Völgarr the Viking
11. Mark of the Ninja
12. Rogue Legacy
14. Woolfe: The Red Hood Diaries
This will be on hiatus after this initial upload until I am finished with the PlayStation themes (about half way finished).
However, I wanted to get this uploaded sooner than later. This was originally going to be for Mega Man 8 for PlayStation, but the Mega Man I wanted to use is actually from Mega Man 10 and then I realized I already have Mega Man 8 for Saturn, but I digress...
Anyhow, this theme is just as much a @JamesBaker theme as it is my own. James has started doing tutorials for Adobe Suite software and since I had questions about how to get Echo to work right, he used the Mega Man art I wanted to use in some tutorials covering those things, so a humongous thank you to him for giving some lessons and for giving detailed explanation for what is exactly occurring when applying effects and adjusting values.
Once I'm done with PlayStation, I'll finish this collection up next, though I don't have very many WiiWare titles.
1. Mega Man 10
Theme for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
Since I'm getting closer to being finished with the Final Fantasy themes, I decided to get a thread going for Sega Saturn. I will be uploading themes for the games in my collection (35) as I complete them. I'll be doing them alphabetically, as they appear in my LB. Since I also have threads going for Amiga, Independent, The Witcher and Donkey Kong Country and a Playlist theme for Metroid (followed by Final Fantasy, Mega Man, Mario and Castlevania), it might be a little slow going to finish all of them, but I'll try to have a few up by the end of the weekend (really need to re-visit my Amiga ones since I've been neglecting it a bit). I'm doing my best to not just churn 'em out too fast, though I will be re-doing at least one of those Final Fantasy ones (After Years).
In any case, if you have special requests for games that don't show up, just let me know. If I already have it, it's definitely coming, but if I don't, I will add it to a list of To Do's for this category. And, as always, the downloads will be in the same order as the YouTube playlist/text list below.
First up is Akumajō Dracula X: Gekka no Yasōkyoku... better known in the US as Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
1. Akumajō Dracula X: Gekka no Yasōkyoku
2. Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean
3. Assault Suit Leynos 2
5. Assault Suit Leynos 2 (alternate)
6. Battle Garegga
7. Burning Rangers
8. Clockwork Knight
9. Clockwork Knight 2
10. Dark Savior
11. Fighters Megamix
12. Guardian Heroes
13. Herc's Adventures
14. Hyper Duel
15. Layer Section
16. Layer Section II
17. The Legend of Oasis
18. Magic Knight Rayearth
19. Mega Man 8: Anniversary Collector's Edition
20. NiGHTS into Dreams...
21. Panzer Dragoon
22. Panzer Dragoon II: Zwei
23. Panzer Dragoon Saga
24. Princess Crown
25. Radiant Silvergun
26. Sega Rally Championship
27. Shining Force III: Scenario 01
28. Shining Force III: Scenario 02
29. Shining Force III: Scenario 03
30. Shining the Holy Ark
31. Shining Wisdom
32. Shinobi Legions
34. Soviet Strike
35. Thunder Force V
36. Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire
37. Sōkyūgurentai v2 - Wasn't happy with the original. There's very little art available for this game (even if you search for Terra Diver; same for Dark Savior). I decided to take out the art and leave the logo since it just didn't look good to me. Otherwise, this is identical to the original.
38. Shining Wisdom v2 - Identical to the original, but cleaned up around the sword a little more.
This concludes all the games I have in my LB collection. If I add any more games to it in the future, I will add more themes to this list (or if anyone makes a request for something specific not here).
This is where I will upload themes for The Legend of Zelda series.
1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Gamecube)
2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Gamecube)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Nintendo 64)
6. Zelda II: The Adventure of Link (NES)
7. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (Gamecube)
8. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo DS)
9. The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo DS)
10. Hyrule Warriors (Wii U)
11. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)
12. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
13. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo 3DS)
14. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Nintendo 3DS)
Will be adding video themes for the Final Fantasy Series here. I won't be doing them in any particular order; just the order they are in my collection in LB. Because in some cases, I have these games for multiple platforms (FFVII, VIII & IX for instance, I have for PlayStation and for PC), I will be making more than one version for those, so we don't end up having to use the same video multiple times over.
All downloads are in the same order as the YouTube Playlist and text list below. A Playlist Theme is available here:
1. Final Fantasy (NES)
2. Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation 2)
3. Final Fantasy Origins (PlayStation)
4. Final Fantasy Anthology (PlayStation)
5. Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation)
6. Final Fantasy (NES) version 2 - Wasn't happy with how the gameplay video looked in the first version, so made an adjustment to the viewing angle and added curvature to it. Original version is still up for download.
7. Final Fantasy IX (PlayStation)
8. Final Fantasy (NES) version 3 - Last version of the original. Unfortunately, I couldn't make the weapons look right during the attack sequence, but I thought it looked pretty cool either way. Also added a minor glitching effect to the gameplay video (because it's getting whacked on :P)
9. Final Fantasy Chronicles (PlayStation)
10. Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation) version 2
11. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (Gamecube)
12. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Wii)
13. Final Fantasy II (Famicom)
14. Final Fantasy III (SNES)
15. Final Fantasy II (SNES)
16. Final Fantasy III (Famicom)
17. Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (WiiWare)
18. Final Fantasy V (Super Famicom)
19. Final Fantasy Tactics (PlayStation)
20. Final Fantasy XII International: Zodiac Job System (PlayStation 2)
21. Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster (PC)
22. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PC)
23. Final Fantasy XIII (PC)
24. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
25. Final Fantasy VIII (PlayStation) - Re-upload: Corrected an issue with a gap that wasn't filled in properly.
26. Final Fantasy XII (PlayStation 2) - Re-upload: Cleaned up the fugly on Vaan's arm
27. Final Fantasy VIII (PC)
28. Final Fantasy IX (PC)
29. Final Fantasy VII (PC) - Re-upload: Added a higher resolution clip of the intro meteor and made a few minor tweaks
30. Final Fantasy (NES) version 4 - Made a few adjustments to this. Decided to keep Amano's artwork visible in the background, added some glow, a rotation at the beginning and a little blur to the crystal.
31. Final Fantasy IV (PC)
32. Final Fantasy V (PC)
33. Final Fantasy VI (PC)
34. Final Fantasy III (PC)
35. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PC)
36. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PC)
37. Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy (PSP)
38. Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (PSP)
39. Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (WiiWare) version 2 - Alternate version
40. Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection (PSP) version 2 - Alternate version
41. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (Gameboy Advance)
42. Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (DS)
43. Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (DS)
44. Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls (GBA)
45. Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA)
46. Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA)
47. Final Fantasy VI Advance (GBA)
48. Final Fantasy X-2 (PlayStation 2)
49. Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission (PlayStation 2)
50. Final Fantasy Adventure (Gameboy)