Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

proghodet

Members
  • Posts

    293
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by proghodet

  1. I'm really excited about this new feature, however, when I sat down to actually make my first playlist, I didn't really have any ideas for a playlist, since most of the games are sorted in logical order anyway ( either by year, system, how many players, genre, etc). So, obviously i'd like to hear your suggestions and ideas for themed playlists!
  2. proghodet

    AutoHotKey

    Thanks to you, I finally got it figured out!
  3. proghodet

    AutoHotKey

    Hey! I'm trying to get an emulator (no$GBA) to press ctrl+r, for it to enable the noise supression on start - somehow it's not on by default, and it turns itself off whenever i exit the emulator. I'm would also like to assign the escape key to alt+x, since the emulator in question actually crashes if i press the escape key. What i have so far (keep in mind, I have just searched the web for this, I do not know how to write this script language properly..) SendMode, Input ; Sleep (How long to wait in milliseconds between moves.) SleepAmount = 1000 Sleep, %sleepamount% Send {ctrl}r Esc:: {Alt}x When I run the emulator, none of this happens. I've tried using just one at a time, and many other variations on this. Is there something I need to do within LaunchBox (or within windows) to activate autohotkey? Is there anyone who knows this scripting language better than me? (Doesn't take much, I assure you!)
  4. I was thinking the same thing, actually. I've seen some people downtalking the product, because they were (for whatever reason) expecting BigBox to be free too..
  5. I, personally always start and stop games from within either LaunchBox or BigBox - I never start an emulator and start switching roms and such, or start a game, and switch games within the emulator. So for my need it would work just fine with something that listens to when the window opens and closes, and records the time for that period of time. It could maybe use the launchbox-ID, to assign the recorded time? Of course, that would leave the feature useless if the game hasn't got an ID, but I don't know if that is a problem. I'll go vote for that ticket asap, and so will my gf - but I understand that there are bigger fish to fry. Excuse any bad English - it's not my first language
  6. If the person do not give a good reason to remove an image, and I see no obvious reason as to why it should be removed, I usually just reject the proposal..
  7. Boy, am I late to the party (Forum-digger). I haven't seen this implemented yet, so i guess it's still relevant? For starters, how about an icon on either toolbar, with a start / stop tracking time functionality? So you would do it manually, but that's better than nothing, maybe? I know i'd do it.. hehe
  8. That did the trick! You clever person, you!
  9. I've been going wild, adding lots of Atari ST titles to the database over the last week. Now, I would love to download the metadata, images and whatnot from the database, and get the "proper" LaunchBox ID. I have launchbox set up on two computers, my main computer and a media computer in the living room. When I click "Search for metadata" on my media computer, an infobox pops up, saying there's an update to the database, and asking me to update the metadata. Which is great! It finds all the stuff i've been adding, and all works fine. However, when I try the same on my main computer, it just goes straight to searching, and doesn't find anything. I'm trying to search for the same games on both systems, of course. I've also tried Tools -> Download Metadata and Images. Is there any way to force the database update? I'm using Launchbox 7.4 on both systems.
  10. Half-Life was the original game, and in order to play Counter-Strike, you needed to write -game cstrike in the parameter for the half-life executable. Same with all the other mods i'm referring to But I agree, in that it should not include like minecraft mods, or mods that just alter small stuff ingame - they should be "full fledged", to a certain extent - it should be a whole other feel to the game. But then again, where to draw the line.. It's a tough nut to crack, indeed!
  11. Aha, a bit of a grey area I suppose! I just hate having games in my collection without proper launchbox ID's! Their not "legit" until they have that, haha! But if that is the case, I'll just wait until I see some update about those kinds of titles
  12. I have some games from the early 2000's, which are modded versions of other games - in my case Half-life. I know some of them became their own game, such as Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Left 4 Dead and Natural Selection. Should I add such games to the database or not, even if they didn't become a game on their own? (Vampire Slayer, The Specialists and others would be examples of this)
  13. All Pokémon games should be named Pokémon with the "é" now - I actually started to rename them all a couple of days before your last post, so now it should be conform. It seems to be working with the new names in my launchbox.
×
×
  • Create New...