Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

spectral

Members
  • Posts

    231
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spectral

  1. I've only just started messing with emulation in general so take anything I say with a pinch of salt as it could easily be user error. I spent a while messing about with mame on retroarch while I cant remember which some roms crashed RA when trying to load on some mame cores and not other, whereas all the same roms worked in standalone mame 0.185. With what I am assuming is the most recent core (the one with no number) some games also seem to have audio problems that they dont have in other cores or standalone. One I remember specifically is X-men arcade. There is some crackling in the intro and the music sounds almost midi like is the nearest I can think of but its not quite that. The problem I found with the older cores in RA is that they didn't remember things. For example loading a CPS3 game it would say new CD inserted every time you run the game. I finally decided the best option was to hi-score/no-nag patch regular mame.
  2. Thanks again, I'll have a play around I think before commiting to importing things for realsies.
  3. Thanks. I presumed as much with the disc swapping. It was how the second disc would be displayed in BB I had no idea about. I didn't like the idea of having muliple entries for the same game. One more thing actually, is there an easy quick way in BB to switch which is the dominant disc and which an additional app? So for example once on disc 2 to be able to have the main entry as disc 2 and disc one be it's additional app.
  4. I know in Launchbox you can add the second disc as an additional app to to the first disc. How is that handled in Bigbox? Also what is currently the best way to disc swap? Just manually go into the emulator and do it with keyboard and mouse then next time you use BB load from disc 2?
×
×
  • Create New...