LaunchBox Community Forums

Requesting help collecting platform metadata

Jason Carr

The Sega MegaDrive and Sega Genesis are exactly the same. Just name changes and some console differences. Akin to Famicom vs NES. Just hardware alterations. 32x and CD are a peripheral. While I like them separate do they need to be? BSX SNES games I count as SNES games.

While the 32x was a peripheral it had its own processors Two Hitachi SH2 32-bit RISC processors with a clock speed of 23 MHz as well as 256kb ram. Although the Genesis and the MegaDrive are the same for most of the world it was called the Genesis but in Japan it was known as the Megadrive a name i think to go with what they were familiar with and appeal to them such as Mega Godzilla etc and so anyone using the Japanese games would probably like the inclusion of MegaDrive.

Maddoc1007 said While the 32x was a peripheral it had its own processors Two Hitachi SH2 32-bit RISC processors with a clock speed of 23 MHz as well as 256kb ram. Although the Genesis and the MegaDrive are the same for most of the world it was called the Genesis but in Japan it was known as the Megadrive a name i think to go with what they were familiar with and appeal to them such as Mega Godzilla etc and so anyone using the Japanese games would probably like the inclusion of MegaDrive.
True, and it had its own damn power cable.

That'd be awesome @Maddoc1007. I added some to the list: Android Atari 800 Atari Jaguar CD Capcom CPS1 Capcom CPS2 Capcom CPS3 Capcom CPS Dash Crystal System iOS Mac OS Microsoft Xbox 360 Microsoft Xbox One MTX Namco System 22 Nintendo Wii Nintendo Wii U Ouya Sammy Atomiswave Sega 32X Sega CD Sega Mega Drive Sega Mega-CD Sega Model 1 Sega Model 2 Sega Model 3 Sega Naomi Sega Pico Sega System 16 Sega System 32 Sony Playstation 3 Sony Playstation 4 Go ahead and upload the file here @Maddoc1007 or email it to jasondavidcarr at gmail dot com and I can add them. :)

@Jason the cps dash, cps1, cps2, cps,3 namco system 22, crystal system, naomi 1, naomi 2, sammy atomiswave, sega systen 16, sega system 32, Sega megadrive, Sega 32x sega model 2, sega sg-1000 and sega model 3 are on my xml and emailed to your email. Couldnt upload her as there is a 2mb limit

After adding Martin's platform metadata, here's what's left: Android Atari 800 Atari Jaguar CD iOS Mac OS Microsoft Xbox 360 Microsoft Xbox One Nintendo Wii Nintendo Wii U Ouya Sega CD Sega Mega-CD Sega Model 1 Sega Pico Sony Playstation 3 Sony Playstation 4