LaunchBox Community Forums

Custom DSR Resolution Across Every Backend

shinra358

Now you can allow any resolution you want across every backend (unlike gedosato) with this custom DSR Tool: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/913698/geforce-drivers/how-to-dsr-non-native-resolution-s-solved-/ Con: Nvidia got rid of it in newer drivers because they are morons just like every thing they create......

I wonder sometimes. They came out with geforce experience. Now it has once every 24 hours drm. It use to have a memory leak where they didn't fix it until 6 months later. They had 3Dvision and had many options that tridef had, but in the end, they removed every single decent option to make 3D not burn your eyes while tridef still has em. And end the end, stopped supporting it altogether while at the same time, only allowing it under 1 backend. They picked the wrong 3D tech to begin with. The version that is barely supported by anyone. Not gonna mention the always showing 3Dvision dialogue on the screen in which they finally fixed when it already died. Then they got the secret overclocking disabling fiasco that basically rendered my machine useless at one point. And after that, decided to re-enable it but then put a secret mechanism in new cards to prevent it there. They have their nvidia tablets that had a recall because they kept catching on fire. And then, why buy overpriced tablets that you can get a version of that does the same thing for less? Useless online game streaming because they didn't learn from Onlive's failure. Nvidia shield. Ppl buy big rigs to play games at max and here we are selling something that completely goes against all logic that gamers have. Gamers STILL waste money on it though. I don't get it. Now they got drivers that reduce ppl's firestrike scores by a whole 1000 points. Gsync that doesn't work with SLI. I mean c'mon. There was a whole year period where new drivers couldn't be installed on old card whatsoever. Here's the big one. Everytime a new card comes out, the super older cards start tdlring and at one point ppl couldnt update their drivers for a whole 2 years because they weren't even listening at first. And it is still going on even today! If you want to get a driver without bugs, you HAVE to have from the 3rd newest card tech on up! Everything they seem to come up with, they stop supporting almost immediately. Had for me to trust anything they come out with now. What's up with the HD audio drivers in the driver package? We already got audio drivers. They bring nothing new to the table. Oh wait, when hooking up to hdmi, they have a bug where it doesn't even switch audio to the device that's being hooked up. You have to go into the sound options, where it will detect to go to the new device. Even when you don't push anything. What is this I don't even lol. It's just so much stuff that led up to that comment. Sometimes I'm scared to even touch a new drivers because I'm thinking, today might be the day where my $3000 laptop becomes a brick.

Even when I had my old ass GTX 260 and 460 for far too long I honestly didn't run in to any problems, and my GTX 970 now is running just fine. The weird VRAM allocation is... puzzling, but its running flawlessly. The game streaming and tablets are just them trying something else, but It has nothing to really do with their GPU's. Other companies do stuff like that all the time. With the drivers, I've seen them break from both companies, but I also don't use half of their features. I record using other software, I don't stream this PC to another PC, and I have the audio portion of the driver install (not the 3D) but I don't even use the audio through my HDMI, I have a 7.1 Logitech Headset. So maybe I just haven't done the right combination of stuff to make it fail on me. All I know is the card champs through all of the games I put in its way. My Wifes AMD GPU (which we didn't choose) failed doing basic things when we first got it and had to force it to just be normal. :P I don't like AMD and I still say the people there are way smarter than me just like Nvidia. Sometimes it doesn't work out and us, the consumer, get fucked. I hate it too. Our Samsung Galaxy S4 just straight up stopped working one day, the screen just stopped responding... so I've had that kind of crap happen to me as well, I think we all have. So you're in the right place for us to understand your frustration.

I had a major problem with my 680m in my old laptop for a year in 2013 I think because it took them a whole year to fix their tdr crash fiasco. It got so bad that I just went ahead and sold my whole laptop and bought a new one. And the newer card that was in it had no problems at all. As for the software, gfe got so bad at one point that I just only installed the graphics drivers and phsyx and called it a day. No problems in that area since I stopped installing their bloatware. They even had an issue with gfe erasing all data on an entire drive at one point.

• 2 weeks later...