LaunchBox Community Forums

Change Hotkeys

Krazed

Everything is perfect with this app, but it really would be nice to change the hotkeys (primarily the Exit button). I know this may seem small and seem insignificant to some, but as one who uses this primarily for PC games (I hate Steam) it would be so much easier if there was a way to exit Launchbox with the Escape Key instead of Alt + X. Thanks Cool

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Key bindings are currently not available in LaunchBox. LaunchBox is designed to follow standard Windows keyboard and mouse control; we've never added customizable keyboard shortcuts or keyboard navigation in LaunchBox itself. I'll add it to my list of items for the next community poll, although I don't think that request has received much attention in the past.

LaunchBox does not use settings from BigBoxSettings.xml. The LaunchBox settings are all in Settings.xml.

• 2 years later...
On 6/16/2022 at 9:54 AM, westley1978 said:

Can launchbox add a button to exit from set emulators. For example on gameex, you pressed ESC button with all emulators and took you back to the gameex interface

LaunchBox is designed so that the Escape key exits most emulators. There may be a few one-off emulators that don't do that by default, however.

• 1 month later...

Bump, I would also love to have a configurable shortcut key section. Particularly, at least, update metadata bound to a key combo. Is there a preset shortcut in Big Box to add a currently viewed selection to favorites? I didn't see an option to set a key binding for it, thought it might also be a good suggestion. I think you all are doing an amazing job with this software, by the way. Thank you for all the hard work and constant attention!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 11:05 PM, Syllius said:

Is there a preset shortcut in Big Box to add a currently viewed selection to favorites?

No, I couldn't find one either.  But then I realized I could favorite games from the Game Details screen and decided that was a better solution for me anyway.  I use BigBox in an arcade cabinet and have disabled the automatic showing of the Game Details screen and instead have a button mapped to viewing game details.  My thinking is I don't want my kids accidentally favoriting games.  Since marking a game as a favorite is an infrequent occurence for me I don't mind jumping into the game details screen first to make it a favorite.

• Like 1