LaunchBox Community Forums

N64 Emulation Revolution! Holy crap!!!

SentaiBrad

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you update, make sure to copy over your system folder, retroarch.cfg and the config folder if you have it. You can also carry over the cores folder too, but these should be freshly downloaded for updates. If carrying over the RetroArch.cfg breaks something, cause sometimes that can happen, as long as you keep the rar you got the release from, you can pull out a fresh RetroArch.cfg copy.

• 2 weeks later...
Just updated to 1.3.6 today to try this. At first it crashed on me, but then I read the instructions and it worked fine. A few games seem to be operating just fine, but some others in my collection (WM2K) are completely broken. Pre-alpha, indeed! As I understand it, they're going for bit-perfect emulation, not enhancements (resolution scaling, frame rate improvements, etc.) like Mupen normally delivers. It would be nice to have both, but it will be a while before ParaLLEl reaches beta, let alone a major version. I was just happy to see some of the Vigilante 8 menus improved... but the in-game performance is terrible. It's too bad that NVIDIA only provides Vulkan support for the 600-series and up and AMD only the 7000-series and up. I'd love to see my older GPUs get some Vulkan love.

So far, from the games i tested, F-Zero X and Body Harvest are better with the new ParaLLEl core. F-Zero X has all the effects, including the shiny body on the cars and Body Harvest doesn't have the clipping issue anymore. Just make sure you use the PAL version of Body Harvest for smooth sound.