LaunchBox Community Forums

I'm proposing a Raffle w/proceeds going to LaunchBox development!

CadetStimpy

Perhaps anyone could raffle-off anything in the future, but I'm gonna start-off with my Denon AVR-4310CI Receiver - original packing materials and Owner's Manual are included, and it's in very good condition. If enough tickets were sold (wouldn't need to be too many if the ticket price is reasonable), some of those proceeds could pay for the shipping of it, with the remainder going to LaunchBox development! Click here for an overview of the receiver. Denon-AVR4310CI.jpg [sp_show_poll id="5"]

We have a Denon in our living room it is connected to our Set-Top box my HTPC an old ass DVD player (which gets no use) and a Bluetooth speaker adapter. It isn't the best system in the world but it sounds great non the less. I personally don't have any need for another sound system I already have a Sony 5.1 surround system that is sitting in the basement collecting dust. I use Logitech speakers on my other 3 HTPC's and on my multiple monitor desktop (3 5.1 systems and a 2.1 system in the kitchen were my space is limited).

Ok, I want to step in here before this goes too much farther. We need to be careful how this is worded and perceived (and I am sorry, I am not trying to say that this idea isn't absolutely awesome!) but we need to make sure that this isn't considered Gambling. As dumb as that sounds and no matter how stupid that may sound to some of you, there was a facebook group doing a sort of similar thing with retro games and it was deemed gambling and the runners / owners of the group got screwed, hard. They were being devious and malicious though and I believe no one here to be like that. I'm not saying this can't happen nor that you're trying to cheat anyone Cadet, I do believe you to be an upstanding person, but what we think and what someone else thinks with that sort of power is what matters. That said, if you want to sell it somewhere personally or talk with someone to sell it privately through Ebay or Paypal, Jason would be free and clear. For the record too, he hardly worries about this kind of stuff and didn't ask me to say anything, I am the one that worries about it. That aside, I am floored by what you guys are willing to do for us. It does mean the world to Jason and I. I'm broke and he wants this to be full time and stuff like this, gestures like this make our dreams that much closer to a reality and it is amazing the different kind of things you guys are willing to go through. Thank you.

SentaiBrad said Ok, I want to step in here before this goes too much farther. We need to be careful how this is worded and perceived (and I am sorry, I am not trying to say that this idea isn't absolutely awesome!) but we need to make sure that this isn't considered Gambling.
Yah, Brad, you're probably right. Some dick might catch wind of our raffle and make things difficult (that's one of the things dick's do, as we know Frown), and one thing I've learned (but usually don't follow Wink), is that trouble is usually best avoided. Perhaps interested Forum members (if any) could just send you or Jason some money out of the goodness of their hearts, and then by some quirk twist of fate, one of the aforementioned 'givers' may receive an unexpected gift on their doorstep some day. Laugh I actually thought of you guys before Craig's List. I've found when you give someone 90% off the original price of an item (that's in excellent condition, albeit older), they want 95% off! Laugh So, I said to myself, "Self, to heck with those clowns, think of a way to drum-up a small donation for LaunchBox"! If anyone can think of a safe way to accomplish this mission, I'd be very glad to hear it! LLL! (Triple L - Long Live LaunchBox). Triple L... Was that the name of some WWF wrestler? Laugh Anyway, you guys rock for making the coolest program ever (games themselves notwithstanding Wink), as far as I'm concerned.

SentaiBrad said Hey my game is good! :(
Sorry, Brad, I didn't mean to imply it wasn't! Smile It's infinitely better than any game I'm ever gonna write! Laugh If anyone's interested, here's a Link to a review (and it's MSRP) of this Denon receiver by Sound&Vision, to help you assess it's value, in the event you were considering it. Wink