LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing non-Standard game directory structures? (Sorry, really lame Topic name)

CadetStimpy

I do more feather-weight Gaming than any other type, and and I was wondering about importing BigFish games (please don't banish me for playing those games). Somewhat Embarassed. Anyway, even though I'd undoubtedly have to deal with all the artwork manually, if I were to put all of the games 'launching' Executables in one directory, would I be able to import them into LaunchBox somehow?

You don't have to change any directories. Though you'll have to do it one at time. There is probably a better way to do this, but you can: Import the exe as if it were a rom. You can just drag it into launchbox if you want, or use the browse method. System "PC" or you can create your own called Big Fish. Once the exe is imported, right click it in launch box and select "Edit" Go to the "Emulation" tab and untick "Use an emulator to play this game". This will tell launchbox its an application (exe) and it should launch fine after that. Repeat.

Or, if you have a folder full of shortcuts you can drag and drop them in to LB, add them as MS-DOS, then use the Bulk Edit function to remove the need for DOS. Should also work. We have Shortcut importing planned actually so workarounds wont be needed for ever.

SentaiBrad said Or, if you have a folder full of shortcuts you can drag and drop them in to LB, add them as MS-DOS, then use the Bulk Edit function to remove the need for DOS. Should also work. We have Shortcut importing planned actually so workarounds wont be needed for ever.
Haha! That figures. Since BigFish has their own 'game launching program', I recently deleted the vast army of Shortcuts it had created, since I didn't need them anymore. LaughCry P.S. The Shortcut Importing thing sounds nice. I love it that LB is constantly being improved.

Yea this is one of the problems currently with importing shortcuts, it uses the exe name and not the shortcut name, so if the exe name is wrong it will import wrong. Check the box to use the folder name. I am curious, since it uses the exe name I wonder if it will use the folder name that those exe's are in instead of Desktop. :P If it uses Desktop then that won't work obviously. In that screen you shown, if I recall you can double click the name box and rename them... but I can't remember exactly so I might be making that up. xD

SentaiBrad said Check the box to use the folder name. I am curious, since it uses the exe name I wonder if it will use the folder name that those exe's are in instead of Desktop. :P
When I drag/drop the game shortcuts into LaunchBox, and it starts going through the DOS Import Wizard, the only Checkbox I see anywhere that has anything to do with directories and/or folders, is this screen: Checkbox.jpg When proceeding from this screen, I get the same thing as Reply #6, but perhaps I misunderstood your instructions altogether (partially Confused).
SentaiBrad said if I recall you can double click the name box and rename them... but I can't remember exactly so I might be making that up. xD
A single-click in the Name box and the name can be changed. Wink

Wait I went camping yesterday and it seems like I missed a lot while hanging out in the woods contracting the Zika virus, do I see an option up in that list to mount .cue files automatically and if so is that on a per emulator bases as in it will make setting up SSF extremely easy?