LaunchBox Community Forums

Fusion fullscreen

rooee

I'm using Fusion for my Genesis ROMs but I want it to be windowed. If I load Fusion outside of Launchbox it runs in a window. But when I load through Launchbox it defaults to full screen, despite me having removed the "-fullscreen" parameter on the emulator. How can I make Fusion run in a window through Launchbox? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi rooee, welcome! If you edit the emulator settings, for Kega Fusion, you'll notice that there are "Default Command-Line Parameters" both for the entire emulator (on top) and also for each particular platform (on the bottom). You'll need to remove "-fullscreen" from the platforms as well. I'm guessing that that will solve your problem; do let us know. Thanks! :)

• 1 year later...
What version of Fusion are you using ? I don't use fusion anymore but I do have version 3.64 installed and just did a quick test and it loaded up in windowed mode by default. In the emulator settings for Fusion in Launchbox the default command line parameters box is left empty and all check boxes are unchecked. After messing around with it for a minute something that may fix your issue is load a game and if it loads fullscreen press escape on your keyboard and it should go into windowed mode. Now exit the emulator and the next time you load a game it should load in windowed mode. I noticed that if I put it into fullscreen mode and closed out the emulator the next time I loaded a game it loaded in fullscreen again. Hope this helps, if it doesn't then I am sorry I can't be of any more use :(

lordmonkus said What version of Fusion are you using ? I don't use fusion anymore but I do have version 3.64 installed and just did a quick test and it loaded up in windowed mode by default. In the emulator settings for Fusion in Launchbox the default command line parameters box is left empty and all check boxes are unchecked. After messing around with it for a minute something that may fix your issue is load a game and if it loads fullscreen press escape on your keyboard and it should go into windowed mode. Now exit the emulator and the next time you load a game it should load in windowed mode. I noticed that if I put it into fullscreen mode and closed out the emulator the next time I loaded a game it loaded in fullscreen again. Hope this helps, if it doesn't then I am sorry I can't be of any more use :(
Im using the latest one 3.64 I got it last week, I just wanted to compare the core to the stand alone emulator. But since day one Im having this issue. Ok lets see... ESC , closes up the emulator here, and if I right click on it to pull up the menu, try to uncheck full screen it also close up the emulator. 1-1.JPG

DOS76 said I tried to stay with Fusion for as long as I could but the fact that it isn't updated anymore forced me over to the RA cores.
I just got it, and just to compare it to the core.. the image is much better with fusion I know the cores has shaders, but it is complicated with RA, you cannot see the changes on the fly

If you use the hotkey binding you can see the changes on the fly you just have to save the shaders you like and then set the controller to toggle through your shaders. I use left thumnb key for the hotkey button and then I use d-pad left and right to shuffle through.

DOS76 said If you use the hotkey binding you can see the changes on the fly you just have to save the shaders you like and then set the controller to toggle through your shaders. I use left thumnb key for the hotkey button and then I use d-pad left and right to shuffle through.
where can I learn how to do it? do you have some info to share maybe sorry Im new to launchbox and RA, still in learning process

In RA go to settings and go to input scroll down until you come to Input Hotkey Binds here by mapping a hotkey you can map many different options that make your controller a powerful way to interface with RetroArch. This is by far one of the best features of RA and it is what puts it so far above many of the stand alones that exist.

DOS76 said In RA go to settings and go to input scroll down until you come to Input Hotkey Binds here by mapping a hotkey you can map many different options that make your controller a powerful way to interface with RetroArch. This is by far one of the best features of RA and it is what puts it so far above many of the stand alones that exist.
ok I found it, and how do I save them to shuffle through with dpad ? I went to shaders tried to save a few, but they are not being showed.

lordmonkus said What sort of shader are you looking for ? CRT scanlines, a simple upscale and clean look or a smoothed out look ? Also what kind of graphics card do you have ? Some shaders are pretty heavy on the GPU requirements.
My gpu can handle it Nvidia Geforce 7 series.. 1080p tv whatever makes it look great but not blurry

lordmonkus said If you want just a straight upscaled and shardp image try the pixellate shader, for a great CRT shader look in the CG/CGP folder for CRT-Royale-Kurozumi shader, that's the one I use and I love it.
do you use only 1 for all cores?, to me it depends if its more like FMV or cartoon type