LaunchBox Community Forums

New Demual build and AHK Script

DOS76

Ok yesterday I grabbed a new version of Demul and it has been mostly a good experience. So far I've managed to get 3 or 4 WinCE games that didn't work previously in Demul to work in the latest version. I have noticed though that when using it with Dreamcast that when you hit escape it closes Demul but that causes LaunchBox freeze and never recover. I tested it again with the old version and that version doesn't cause any issues with LaunchBox just the new version. To prevent this from happening I went into the AHK Script for the emulator and removed the code which is fine until you close LaunchBox then when reopening it the code is back. How can I permanently remove the script so it doesn't come back? When I exit out of Demul using the new built in Alt+F4 method it has no effect on LaunchBox and that is what I am looking for. I know I could just remember to not hit escape and the issue won't arise but I keep hitting it anyway (auto-pilot is initialized). Edit: Actually even though the script is removed when I opened the next game without closing LB and hit escape the game closed and LB froze. How about a check box in the ahk script section to disable the feature for any specific emulator.

@Maddoc1007 any chance you might know what could be substituted for -run=naomi or -run=awave for the hikaru and gaelco systems I tried to just change that line of code to -run=hikaru -rom-%string% but it throws an error I'm curious as to what it likes to be called it only supports 5 roms and I have 4 that work only NASCAR doesn't . I don't have any of the cave games not even the BIOS for the system or at least as far as I know personally I never even heard of it. Can't find the working NASCAR rom anywhere (and they say Google is your friend) Well I don't need any help with the scripts have both systems launching but not in fullscreen even though the check box is checked also you can't use the DX11ng version with Gaelco hopefully they will be working on it. Demul is pretty damn good I'm actually thinking about doing a bulk edit away from NullDC at least on this computer seems NullDC requires less of a hardware demand. Smash Driving has no sound in Gaelco and Planet Harrier has no sound in Hikaru. Now I just need the last ROM as this version reports that they have it running.

@DOS76 couldnt get any roms working kept getting a missing epr so i extracted the roms and did a seperate bat for them C:\Users\PC\Documents\LaunchBox\Emulators\demul07a_230915\demul.exe -run=hikaru -rom=sgnascar there all working make sure the path to your emulator is right and the right demul exe see version in bat dont set an emulator just point to bat and crate individual bat,s dont use a script to create them, and yes wont go fullscreen you have to go alt+enter for fullscreen. As for dreamcast games i use nullDC 1.04 r150 SM-A Fixes by masterchan777 it works better than demul except wont play wince games.

@Maddoc1007 I must have different rom files out of the 8 games I had 7 working while still .zip then came across the 8th at Gametronik so I have them all going does running them unzipped get you sound in Smash Driving Brave Fire Fighters or Planet Harrier? I used my original naomi.bat and changed naomi to both gaelco and hikaru which is working good. Does anyone know a command I could add to get gaelco games to change the graphic plugin since I like to use the DX11ng plugin on the other machines. I suppose that would force me to add a line to all the bats though to change it back if switching to another system so I may just make a second folder throw the bat in there with its own .ini and that would be that Jason I was definitely joking I could never lose faith in the science method. I like your unidentified variable theory if this was a Marvel letter page I would give you a No-Prize.

@DOS76 yes sound working can be distorted though but sound none the less. Another way to have seperate version of demul for the Gaelco games copy latest demul emulator folder and paste will be demul07a_230915 copy change the folder name from demul07a_230915 copy to say demul gaelco and then set up the games with the dx11 plugin.

• 3 years later...