LaunchBox Community Forums

Scraping Amiga Games

Cabirus

CriticalCid said Nope, it hasn’t been addded yet by Jason. Maybe because the BitBucket ticket only has 3 votes right now. So let’s vote it up guys ;) https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/1048/amiga-whd-internal-name-conversion-like
Done! Still a long way from the top of the list though. Rise, Amiga friends, rise! Wink

• 3 months later...
On 22.11.2016 at 11:20 PM, CriticalCid said:

There's a workaround for Amiga. @Zombeaver made a great and detailed tutorial for it. I hope that helps you :)

Thank you it helped me quite a lot, unfortunately I still need to manually download from oagd.net  for about 30% of the amiga games :(

I know the dev of oagd.net doesn't seem to want to work together with the Launchbox dev but is there any other known "Tool" to sync or batch-download pictures from there?

Edited by illfated

• 1 year later...

I found a nice solution for anyone wanting to scrape WHDLoad games and use winuaeloader.

I downloaded the hyperspin xml, and put it in a folder I called "LBSCRAPING", which I put as a subdirectory of my WHD game files (the zip files).

Then I just ran this little powershell script from the LBSCRAPING folder:

[xml]$XmlDocument = Get-Content -Path '.\Commodore Amiga.xml'

foreach ($game in $XmlDocument.menu.game)
{
    if (Test-Path "..\$($game.name).zip")
    {
        New-Item -ItemType Directory -Name $game.description
        New-Item -ItemType File -Name "$($game.name).zip.zip" -Path ".\$($game.description)\"
    }
    else
    {
        New-Item -ItemType Directory -Name "_MISSING-$($game.description)"
    }
}

This will load all the folder names and game file names from the XML, then compare them to the files you have in the parent directory, and create a matching folder and <game file name>.zip.zip whithin (LB strips the extension, which is why the script does a double zip extension).

It will create a "missing" folder if there is no match between the XML data and your collection.
I suggest getting KG's WHDLoad Packs, as it's an almost perfect match, though multiple versions don't exist in the hyperspin xml file, and thus will be ignored.
A simple script to delete the versions that dont get importet, could be made in a simmilar fashion, if you don't care about having all sorts of amiga game versions.

In the end you simple import ROMs from the LBSCRAPING folder, and use folder names instead of ROM names for matching.. 

With the emulator only append the filename, and winuaeloader will find the game via the path configured within the tool itself.

See my config below:

image.thumb.png.51458f403dc896959e2f4931a0b2497b.png

BONUS:

If you like me downloaded the WinUAE Loader, and get annoyed by the WHDLoad Register notice, just put the attached WHDLoad file into "WINUAELOADER\WHD\C", its the newest WHDLoad version, which is free and requires no registration! (Perfectly legal!)

WHDLoad

Edited by iphase
lessons learned..

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an ancient thread but will there be a native solution for WHDLoad games (especially the RetroPLay's one)?

File renaming cannot be performed since it may broke the emulator compatibility.

And this leads me to another request that may solve issues like that.

In the screen that Launchbox gathers the roms and has the import name on the left, I would love to have a selection for a very elementary renaming process with basic choices and the order of appliance

E.g

1. Put a Space between capitaliazed letters ( so e.g AdventuresOfWillyBeamish_v1.2_1814 will become The Adventures of Willy Beamish_v1.2_1814 )
  2. Remove extensions (so The Adventures of Willy Beamish_v1.2_1814 will become The Adventures of Willy Beamish_v1)
  3. Replace _  with Space (so  The Adventures of Willy Beamish_v1 will become  The Adventures of Willy Beamish v1)

The game is scrapable now

• Like 1

• 3 months later...