LaunchBox Community Forums

Multiple controller Issues

Mute64

Maddoc1007 that is very interesting but if I choose to auto logon won't it mess with my ability to network? Most of my games are stored on my Windows Home Server and if I couldn't access the shared media it could cause havoc. As for the build nothing to indepth just some pics here and there.

Probably but also makes it difficult to get back into windows as well thats why suggested autohide taskbar and screenshot earlier as windows is always available for troubleshooting problems. The shelling is what most arcade makers do but me personally i prefer the hide way as when have cabinet built for daughter will be way easier for me to maintain it for her.

Do you have a lot of other programs running at start up? 85% of programs generally don't need to be. I am comfortable with editing a lot about how computers work. Disabling programs, services and scheduled tasks from running at start up is something I do on all my machines. Are you Running Windows 7 or 8 out of curiosity?

One Drive can be disabled completely. It's mostly useless. BitTorrent should be, along with Steam, but I have Steam auto run too. IOBit Startup Manager reports Steam alone is adding 5ish seconds. It's all personal preference. Not to mention, who knows how final of a state W10 is in. Though its 8 days from release. I need to switch over. I just don't have a Valid 8, so im not accepting their "free" switch from an invalid 8. They'll be giving me an invalid 10.

My last BIOS time was 21.4 seconds (never knew that was listed in the Task Managers startup tab) It really wasn't that long until BigBox started was just trying to see if I could make it seamless is all not really a big deal. As for Windows 10 I upgraded most of mine from valid licenses but also did a few dual boots and clean installs My OS crapped out on a laptop and a tablet and I just reinstalled 10 instead of my backups from my Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials machine. Now I have the option to make them official or stay in the Windows Insider program with them. I am probably going to just stay in the insiders program even though I have valid licenses for all of them. I just bought a MeeGoPad computer stick today that actually ships with a trial license of Windows 8.1 plan on upgrading to free Windows 10 as soon as I get it in my hands.

Ever hear of Microsoft Toolkit it lets you activate many different versions of Windows. Its how I activated my evaluation version of Server 2012 R2 Essentials. Windows reports it as containing a virus but I think that would be in their best interest. I've never ran into an issues

Maddoc1007 said Here is a way for windows to boot directly to frontends http://www.mp3car.com/the-faq-emporium/51635-faq-boot-directly-into-your-front-end.html
This is how i have been using steam big picture/launch box/GameEX. You literally see your mobo logo flash up ( which you can disable in your bios) then b4 windows even logs you in your choosen front end will open up. Even if you say pressed alt f4 and closed the front end all that is on your screen is a black screen :) no taskbar nothing. CTRl ALT DELETE still works so you can always still open up the task manager and open up regedit to stop your front end launching over windows. I was using launchbox to boot this way but i have reverted back to steam big picture as i prefer its full control support lay out and it looks very nice n slick, then if i dont want to play any of my steam games i have added launchbox to my steam big picture so i can still boot it up and navigate all my old school/emulated games via a controller. I really do like the way launchbox is going, out of all the "frontends" i have tried its the easiest to add artwork and game descriptions and what not, like 90% of my games automatically loaded there own artwork and descriptions, now that would have taken me so friggin long to manually do it myself. Once Launchbox/Bigbox becomes more visually appealing to me it will definitely be my main frontend.

Maddoc did a little more research into auto logon and found a very easy to implement System Internals tool called Auto Logon I haven't set it up to show the frontend yet but I installed it on my WHS2011 install that runs my Plex Media Server and now on restart the computer logs on and Plex starts back up. It would be nice if the people at Plex made some changes so Plex would just run as a service but they seem unwilling to do so. Nice to finally find a work around thanks for the idea.