LaunchBox Community Forums

Multiple controller Issues

Mute64

So i use my Xbox360 controller for most of my games but for the n64 i use a n64 controller which is classified as a generic usb Joystick on the pc, i noticed launchbox only accepts inputs from one controller which is fine but AutoHotKey feature accepts inputs from multiple controllers so when im playing n64 games the button A and Z closes the game :( very anoying. If i could Just have one Master controller like the x360 controller to navigate LaunchBox and close games would be good.

Mute64 said So i use my Xbox360 controller for most of my games but for the n64 i use a n64 controller which is classified as a generic usb Joystick on the pc, i noticed launchbox only accepts inputs from one controller which is fine but AutoHotKey feature accepts inputs from multiple controllers so when im playing n64 games the button A and Z closes the game :( very anoying. If i could Just have one Master controller like the x360 controller to navigate LaunchBox and close games would be good.
I have the N64 and Gamecube controllers from RetroLink too. I have the controller portion of LB disabled because of bad performance, but why not just not use the N64 controller? It should only need the 360 pad. They're classified as separate pieces of hardware so... Do either programs not clearly identify them separately? Also, if the issue is with AutoHotKey there isn't going to be much in the way of fixes that we can do, though I can see why its a shame if the game closes every time you press A and Z, that would suck cause most games use that.

Cheers, at the moment i have just disabled the Autohotkey feature and i am just using a xpadder profile to close games/emulators, i still use select+start for the xbox controller and i use start+L for the n64, oh and also select+LB for closing epsxe as it needs to be closed via escape instead of alt f4. Did plenty of testing in the weekend and have plenty of tweaking to go to make it more user friendly so ppl can just turn on the pc and play.

Maybe in the future LaunchBox could support its own sort of JoyToKey or Xpadder equivalent native functionality? Custom control setups for each controller type and on a per-game basis would be majestic (and far from happening in the present, I know).
  • Like 1

Jason Carr said Hi Martin, that already exists via the AutoHotkey features.
Thanks @Jason but was wondering if you could place a close windows in BigBox like so see image BigBox.jpg As this would be an advantage if using BigBox as an arcade frontend as im currently buying bits for to build one for my daughter and would allow closing down computer from withing BigBox without having to map autohotkey to a button etc.

@DOS76 Take a screenshot of Bigbox and set your background wallpaper to the screenshot (bit of a cheat) but it will look like BigBox has opened up immediately kind of camoflage especially if you set your taskbar to autohide. There are ways to have windows open up to frontends but it makes it harder to get back into windows if problems happen.