LaunchBox Community Forums

Error When trying to verify Launchbox DB

Mute64

Thanks, yea i use that website and romulation, i was just checking to see what format the sega dreamcast files were on that website since my current small collection of dreamcast games are cue/bin files. Just got a 10+10 Math sum, thats my highest yet! do i get a reward ;)

I got my whole DC library from there and only had a few that didn't work. I recently saw in another post someone saying they had issues with the PCEngine CD games but I've been getting them slow over the last two months and I test them all and maybe only one or two of them didn't start. I'm not done yet still working my way through the alphabet. All in all my experience there has been way more good then bad.

Hi Mute, my guess is that was because the email verification link had expired, but I should get that fixed to tell you instead of that error message. Regardless though I'm going to remove the initial email verification requirement just because it's been a PITA. I did just enable everyone's accounts so you should be all set.

SentaiBrad said Thanks for the report. Yea there are a few bugs. Also, just from looking at the pic, the place you're getting your disc images from is slightly notorious for bad disc rips. So if a game from there doesn't work that might be it.
Brad is right, that site has created more issues for me than any other, especially for disc based games! I actually had some that started and played fine, but then crashed later in the game. I only use it now for downloads that can be verified with clrmame. There are much better places to look for your disc needs. Laugh

CADScott said
SentaiBrad said Thanks for the report. Yea there are a few bugs. Also, just from looking at the pic, the place you're getting your disc images from is slightly notorious for bad disc rips. So if a game from there doesn't work that might be it.
Brad is right, that site has created more issues for me than any other, especially for disc based games! I only use it now for downloads that can be verified with clrmame. There are much better places to look for your disc needs. Laugh
I still love that site, it was the first site I used in 2000 and there is still a lot of value there. Not every disc is corrupted there either, but they didn't (or maybe still don't) have strict rules for accurate rips. Their GBA collection was notorious for having group banners before the games loaded. Like I said, I still use them all the time, especially because they have a few hard to find items, but I've expanded my website base a bit recently.