LaunchBox Community Forums

request: search in fields other than title

s0m

I'd like to be able to mark additional fields as searchable. For a few examples if I search for Contra, Super C and Operation C don't show up as results. If I search for Pocky & Rocky, I'd like to see the Kiki KaiKai games show up as well and vice versa. Right now I have a custom field called Alternate Title (example: Super Contra for Super C, KiKi KaiKai: Nazo no Kuro Mantle for Pocky & Rocky) that I would like to make searchable. If not the option to toggle any field as searchable, maybe have a dedicated searchable word bank field. A word bank would make it possible to search and find games within a compilation release also, such as searching Parodius and having Konami Antiques MSX Collection show up. I also saw someone else's request for a way to mark games as related (sequels, ports, etc). If that is implemented, an option to show related games in the search results may work as well.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, sorry for exhuming this old post, I don't do it lightly. I was wondering if there were any more advanced searching.

Specifically, I landed here in a quest to have compilation games come up when searching for one of its games.

For example, to type in "Hydro Thunder" in the search, and have Midway Arcade Treasures 3 for GameCube come up as an option. I tried listing the games in notes, as well as created a new field called Games, but in neither case did the games pop up in search.

After trying to figure it out, I was able to find a workaround. The developer and publisher fields are included in search.

So in my example above, wanting compilations to come up in a search for one of its games - i.e. for Midway Treasures 3 to appear when searching for Hydro Thunder, I can right click the game entry, click edit, and type Hydro Thunder into either the developer or publisher fields and click OK. Then, a search for Hydro Thunder and Midway Treasures 3 will appear.

Kind of inelegant and must be done manually, but it works.

@wirtual82, that is a good idea. Also, I wish that LB would save your configuration of positioning and width of the columns. I like to look in order of date added, most recent first, but it's way over to the right and a pain to drag it over - and I have to do it every time. Don't wanna sound like an ingrate when LB is one of the AWESOMEST things ever, bit that is something I feel would be a big improvement & have actually suggested it in a live session, but it hasn't been added yet.