LaunchBox Community Forums

Any way to launch another program from launchbox, eg plex, kodi, etc

wraslor

Or if using a seperate partition on your harddrive or seperate harddrive for media plex, films, music etc you could install a previous version of LaunchBox ie:4.9 on that partition harddrive and use that for all your media then create a shortcut to that version and add that shortcut to newest version of LaunchBox ie launching LaunchBox from LaunchBox or even Bigbox only thing you need to do is to rename that shortcut to something else like mediabox or what ever name you like.

• 3 years later...
2 minutes ago, Tunbun said:

I know this is 4 years old, but I cannot follow the instructions give here. I would like to launch the Plex application from BigBox and was hoping someone could explain how this can be done?

The process is just to make a new game, call it Plex, and then point the Application Startup field to plex's URL.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tunbun said:

I know this is 4 years old, but I cannot follow the instructions give here. I would like to launch the Plex application from BigBox and was hoping someone could explain how this can be done?

Drag the shortcut onto the Launchbox window to start the import wizard, choose the "none of the above" option so that it is not associated with a emulator and name the platform the shortcut is to go into.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Drag the shortcut onto the Launchbox window to start the import wizard, choose the "none of the above" option so that it is not associated with a emulator and name the platform the shortcut is to go into.

Thanks! I appreciate the simplicity in this method. And thank you Jason for your response too. 

• Like 1