LaunchBox Community Forums

X-Arcade / Tankstick and Keyboard Control of BigBox

Triclinic

I am using Bigbox and a X-Arcade Tankstick on Windows 7x64. The tankstick simply sends keyboard commands to the emulators. The difficulty I have is changing the button (or kbd input) for selecting and starting games in BigBox. Can someone direct me to the method (or lack of) ability to specify which keystroke will select, or escape in BigBox. Thank you.

@Triclinic the Keyboard controls for navigation through BigBox are for select use the Enter key and for going back you use the Back or the Escape key and for navigation Up/Down Left/Right you use the Arrow Keys so you need to map your Joystick to the arrow keys and your buttons to the directional keys.

XPadder is actually the opposite of what I need...my joystick is already sending keyboard keys. I could reprogram the joystick...but that will be a pain...as BigBox appears to be the only software with this limitation and I'd have to reprogram all keys in other emulators...including my RetroPie. I also could install a virtual joystick, like VJoy. I'd heard that virtual joysticks create a slight lag due to the translation that is being performed... I was hoping I simply missed a config file somewhere... FYI...interestingly...the KBD Space key actually is mapped to one of my buttons and allows for select...but escape isn't mapped and I have no way to exit without the keyboard next to me...which isn't the best solution. Off-topic: Any experience with an I-pac or MiniPac? The X-Arcade uses a proprietary board...which I thought I'd have more control over by switching to one of the pac boards. I could also setup custom lighting for each game to illuminate the buttons being used.

@Jason That's a lot more than I was expecting...pretty awesome if it works! I am using the default layout. I uploaded the page from the manual with the default layout (Mode 1). @Maddoc1007 I saw that page too...when looking for options. I thought it might help...even with the emulators (alt-f4 and others). Thanks to both of you. I'm heading into a work week...so won't be able to test the beta until Friday. But thanks for responding!

• 3 weeks later...