LaunchBox Community Forums

X-Arcade / Tankstick and Keyboard Control of BigBox

Triclinic

• 1 year later...
On 9/7/2015 at 7:19 PM, Jason Carr said:

Hi @Triclinic, as of right now it's not possible to customize the keyboard keys. However, I am realizing just now how important that probably is, as I'm guessing you need it for Tankstick compatibility, correct?

Where can I find this beta file

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I am a brand new user and for the life of me I can't figure out how to use keyboard buttons to exit the open window/executable file.  I too have an arcade tankstick and was hoping to be able to use a combination of two buttons, for instance 1 & 2 to exit the emulator.  Is there a way to do this without a controller?  The controller automation only seems to recognize buttons on the controller.  Hoping somebody figured this out and could help me out.  Thanks

@Egga

I use this AHK script in the autohotkey tab of the emulators I need it in and I can close out of the emulator holding P4 and P2 buttons for more than 2 seconds. I found it in an old post and changed P1 to P4 as all my emulators are set to exit using that combo. 

~4 & 2::

Duration=0

Loop

{	Duration ++

If !GetKeyState("4","P") || !GetKeyState("2","P")

Break

If Duration > 2

{	

Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}

break

}

Sleep, 1000

}

return
Edited by Retro808

14 minutes ago, lordmonkus said:

@Retro808 would mind please posting this script over in this thread I just made to collect useful scripts like this ?

And if you could provide a short description of which buttons exactly on the X-Arcade Tankstick this uses that would be awesome too.

Posted in the link you provided. :D

Thank-you so much for this!!!  It worked perfectly, I just copy and pasted it into the Autohotkey tab for each of the emulators in Launchbox and it immediately worked.  I ended up changing it to 1 & 2, so that I can just press the player 1 and 2 buttons down together for 2 seconds on the Arcade Tankstick and it works perfectly to exit back to Big Box mode.  Now I can actually start playing some games instead of trying to figure out how to make things work :)

Really appreciate how quickly you provided the solution, hopefully if anyone else is having similar issues they will find this thread.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Sorry to bump an old post. How would that script work with the new Tankstick that uses mouse button 3 to exit games?

Red button is mapped - Per Arcade-x - This new version has a special added function on the top right corner of your Tankstick: red LED button mapped to Mouse M3 (SEE IMAGE) which can be configured as EXIT in MAME or your emulator.

image010.jpg?15529984139615233355

Edited by Krakatoa