LaunchBox Community Forums

Moving LB to a different drive?

dmaker

22 hours ago, DOS76 said:

It depends how it is set up really best thing to do is copy your LB folder to D without removing it from C and try testing it to see what is and what isn't working. It will depend how you set it up on how portable it is, If it isn't working on D come back here and post and we will help you troubleshoot it further.

Dos76- worked a charm!

I think the thing that made it easy for me was that my emulators and romsets were on D and launch box was on linking to Emulator and romsets in D. So I could move the folder anywhere on my computer as long as I didn’t also move the emulator and romsets folder..

The initial boot up on launchbox was painfully slow, but subsequent boots were super fast....tested, steam, origin, windows games all worked a treat as did all my platforms....all high scores were also present as were achievements

So once again I really want to thank you Dos for suggesting I copy/past/test as always every time I have asked for help on this forum, the advice has been on point and quick....this is an awesome application and the forum is just as good!!

thank you again

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I had launchbox installed in (a 2TB drive) C:\Games, this is also the directory that i had all my games installed in.  I just bought a smaller SSD for Windows, and a larger (4TB) drive to move everything else to.  I moved everything without a hitch and then went to look for the LaunchBox.xml file to edit but I don't have one in the launchbox folder.  Any idea on how I should proceed?