LaunchBox Community Forums

Crashing after 360 controller shuts off

Ribbit King

Is this in the latest beta? I'm asking because I have multiple 360 controllers and multiple computers running LaunchBox and haven't ever seen this happen. I installed the latest beta last night but haven't turned my controller on since so if it is the new version where this is happening I wouldn't know. Also what version of Windows are you using I'm using Windows 10 on mine without issue.

I can confirm that I've had this happen to me as well. I'm not on the new new beta, but I'm on the first one after 5.5 (5.6 I think is how it's listed?) and it's happened to me. It doesn't always happen, but it's definitely occurred multiple times. I'll grab a screenshot the next time it pops up.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Jason Carr said Hi guys, I remember that issue from a while ago, but I thought I had fixed it. What version are you running Ribbit?
Yea i have had the odd crash here n there, never when im using LaunchBox mostly when it sitting in the background.... so yea not sure if thats just like one off kind of crashing or if its due to the controller turning off... never realy put the two together, it hasn't crashed enough for it to raise my attention. But yea ill see if it is caused by the controller turning off.

I'm curious as to what the cause is because I use 4 different 360 controllers on 3 different computers and never suffer crashes when my controller shuts off which is usually multiple times a day. I know for a while my screen would flash black when the controller turned on and off but in the last few builds of Windows 10 that issue went away as fast as it appeared.

ok so i was playing some N64 i navigated to the system and selected my game ( conkers bad fur day ) and started playing, i put down my Xbox one controller and picked up my n64 controller played for an hour or so, so my xbone controller turned off, when i went to turn it on to exit the game ( select + start ) i could not exit, so that was weird. The reason i could not exit was because Launchbox had crashed in the background ( Launchbox has stoped working ), now is this because of my controller auto turning off i dont no but i thought ild report back. I may just sit down n watch n wait till my Xbone controller turns off to see if it happens again.